• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 Used Printer Setup For Newbie

faroun

Good day all,
I am looking for a giude that will help a newbie that never operated a printer to setup and print.
i have bought a roland SP-300 printer with only usb connection output. and all i got with it is the ink and Versaworks Dongle, no software cd.

i am not sure how to start.
i have a pc with xp operating system.
i would appreciate it if somone will help me to start setting it up.

it is noted that i will take the risk in attemting to setiing it up myself.

thanks

Jim Hill

Three years ago I was in the exact same place you are in now with an SP-300 that I had purchased.

If you have any questions please contact me and I will be more then happy to help you get up and running.

Jim Hill

faroun

thanks guys, i will start with the video and giudes. i will contact you Jim if i am having any issues.

thanks

faroun

ok, i got ther drivers installed.
i can see the printer fine from versaworks and corel.
i can send print command from both with no issues.
the printer starts printing with no errors, however i do not have any results, as if it is printing without any ink.
the cartridges are half full, i shook them a bit before installation.
what approch should i take?
thanks

faroun

upon close inspection, i saw that the ink lines are empty and few lines hve wahty looks like dry ink in them, very dissapointed in this, i thought i bought a working printer!.
anyway what is the avrage cost to flush or even change these lines?

thanks

InkjetAuction

Advise

I'm sorry to hear about your issue.
Caveat Emptor... especially with a used inkjet printer. You didn't see it operate??

Anyway... sounds like the printer may not have been properly prepared for shipping.
If the machine has been sitting for awhile, you may have head problems too.

The "Head Wash" procedure should have been run before shipping... otherwise ink could have leaked all over the place when it was moved (it's gravity based system).

If the printer has been emptied of ink (via menu), the printer will go through an ink-up process when powered on. (You choose the ink type, insert cartridges, and the ink loads).

You can certainly run a "Powerful Cleaning" (or two) to load ink... but it sounds like it be good idea to do a Head Wash First. You'll need four cleaning cartridges first. You will find "Head Wash" in the menu under "Ink Control".

However, considering your experience level (and situation) with these printers, I advise that you have a qualified technician take a look. Best of luck.

~E