• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300i Print & cut registration

AlanRendition

Can anyone help, I have a problem with my SP300i when printing labels, laminating and cutting the label the cut is out of position across and down the roll to varying amounts.
I can sometime get a perfect 1metre sheet of labels. Next time first line of labels is fine but the further rows get worse.

A company I have used for repairs and service have had one attempt at adjusting but did not solve the problem, the company want to replace encoder strip but the young engineer they sent says it is not that.
Can anyone help or recommend a engineer who covers Chesterfied area in Derbyshre UK

netsol

do you mean row or column?
are you off in the direction the media moves, or the direction the carriage moves.
a case could be made (a doubtful one!) that the encoder is bad, if you were off in the direction the carriage travels

AlanRendition

I agree about the carriage travel but think the registration is out in both directs and not always by the same amount as if the vinyl is moving?
Printed sheets 3 sheets of 110 labels yesterday laminated and printed perfectly. printed 4 of the same file last night left until this morning to laminate then cut them. No use out of register in both direction on 3 out of the 4 sheets 1 OK ?
Any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree it's probably one or both the encoder strip being dirty or damaged and/or worn out pinch rollers.

AlanRendition

i have cleaned pinch rollers but did not solve problem. Company from nearby sheffield coming today o look at the printer today, they think it is either the encoders or pinch rollers.
Thanks for helpful comments.