• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V problem

poweric

I'm using versaworks, then there is this sudden error:

The printer & ink detected differs from the one being used. :(

Anyone here can help me solve this problem?

Thanks a lot & more power to all.....

Sideshow

unplug, disconnect, restart and reload. I had that happen once or twice. I just unplugged everything from each other, restarted ,then re hooked everything up. All I can figure was a computer glitch.

artbot

sp's are famous for latent static build up. i saw a printing issue that would not go away. the final solution was not only to completely disconnect the printer when powering down, but then to also press the front "on" button four times slowly. this discharges capacitors.

poweric

hi sir, I already try your solutions, but still not working for me... :(

any other solutions sirs?

please help me...

thank you again...

stickygraphics12

I had this problem before and I deleted versaworks and re-installed it. Make sure you write down the IP address of the printer before deleting versaworks!!!! It's found in the printer status tab.

Re-install and put in the IP address and this could fix it.

DigitalBBQ

1 ) On your Roland , on the back-lit screen, what does it say ?
What kind of inks ?

2 ) On your Versawork software, what version is it ?

3 ) On your Roland, what firmware version is it ?

Your versawork might have been updated automatically, and reset the default ink type, so you may just have to reinitialize the software for the ink type you are using and matching that of your ink currently installed and actively assigned on your printer's firmware.

Also your Roland's printer, it may need to update firmware to the newest one or may be not. This depend on what inks and what versawork version you are running or updating to what version, so it knows what are the inks available and what type it should be looking for when printer connecting with versawork.

The SP-540V back in 2005 was shipped originally with Roland Eco-Solvent, but not with the Eco-Solvent Max. Firmware and versawork update is required to run Eco-Sol Max ink. If your Roland is newer than 2005 it may be updated from the factory, or dealer afterward for you.

Usually, Versawork get updated from the online connectivity but your firmware on your Roland need to be update to jive with versawork as well.

Now a day, there are more type of ink sold by Roland, so there you go. 3 or 4 different type of inks that versawork knows but is your Roland firmware knowing that ?

poweric

Thanks for the reply... here's my answer...

1) Roland SP-540 V / ECO-SOL 4 COLOR

2) Versaworks 2.0 (from CD package)

3) Firmware V.6.70

I'm using Eco Sol Inks from the printer's supplier. This error happens suddenly, I printed 3 times, then I restart my PC, after that, when I open versaworks.exe, this error occurred. :( I really need help....

DigitalBBQ

Is it ECO-SOL , or ECO-SOL-MAX ?

There are the two different inks.

Versawork v.2 support Eco-Sol and Eco-Sol Max.

If you redo your PC, the versawork may be default to one of the other inks, and when it connect to your network to the Roland's firmware; the not matching error message appear.

All you have to do is set the ink type on the versawork correctly first, then connect to your Roland machine.

Sometime, firmware may not understand the old version of versawork , or may be some glitch there.

Whatever you do, don't mess around with ink type on your Roland's machine becuase it will ask you to drain inks and reinstall ink, this is just REDUNDENT , isolate your method on the versawork side will be best.

( Call your Roland Dealer, and ask them how can you upgrade to the new versions of versawork if possible, why not! Versawork version 3 has more improving festures, etc. )

Sometime, if you upgrade firmware or versawork, the software or machine may have to be re-intitialize again. That means, you have to re-select ink type, and call the right ink (eventhough the ink intended is installed) This is going to waste your inks, but then the this process will make the connectivity aware of the ink type and stick with it.

Versawork v3, should be smart enough to detect the ink type when connect to the Roland machine from the firmware through the network.

poweric

no solution yet..... :(

I called the technical from our supplier... still no work for all his suggestions...

any roland sp-540v & versaworks masters their? :9

I really need help...

Thanks & more power!!!!

mattbeckner

Solution!!!

I had the same problem and came up with a solution... I right clicked the icon to open Versaworks and chose to open as Administrator. It seemed to bypass the error and opened just fine.