• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland sp300 not connecting with versaworks

muhanad

My first experience with Roland. I have experiences in their maintenance. the computer recognizes them. But did not recognize the printing software ,

(cannot find information for device detected please make sure the software supports this device)

look at the pictures

Attachments

• 20160507_214635.jpg
    20160507_214635.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 858
  • 20160507_214641.jpg
    20160507_214641.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 715
  • 20160507_214736.jpg
    20160507_214736.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 775
  • 20160507_214742.jpg
    20160507_214742.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,062
Hey muhanad,

The "SP-300" is not supported by VersaWorks, but the "SP-300v" and "SP-300i" are both supported. If you have the original 300, don't waste your time, it will not work.

However, if you have either the 300v or 300i, there's no need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

GUnit111

Hey muhanad,

The "SP-300" is not supported by VersaWorks, but the "SP-300v" and "SP-300i" are both supported. If you have the original 300, don't waste your time, it will not work.

However, if you have either the 300v or 300i, there's no need for you to continue struggling with this issue. It's recommended that you contact Roland support and get help with this ASAP. We'll need you to complete our support submission form so we can create a support ticket for you. Go here to submit your info: Product Support Form | Roland

We look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Seriously?

Versaworks and the original SP300 work fine together.

Once I had to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in on my new Windows10 computer before Versaworks would see the SP300, but I've have to do that from time to time with very usb device I've ever had from Windows XP and up.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Seriously?

Once I had to unplug the usb cable and plug it back in on my new Windows10 computer before Versaworks would see the SP300, but I've have to do that from time to time with very usb device I've ever had from Windows XP and up.

The SP300s do not work with Versaworks but there are a lot of SP300 machines out there that have been converted to an SP300V but the sticker still says SP300 so it can be deceiving.

2ny

The SP300s do not work with Versaworks but there are a lot of SP300 machines out there that have been converted to an SP300V but the sticker still says SP300 so it can be deceiving.

Hi.
We have a SP-300 that has been in our service since 2005, and this machine has not been converted in any way that I know of. We have updated the firmware regularly and use it on a pc with Windows 7. And the machine works fine with Versaworks. From time to time I have experienced the same problem -The machine disappear from Versaworks. I have had success with turning the power and the subpower off and on again, combined with a restart of the pc.

Best regards
Tony

RMXGRAPHIX

If I remember right, You can make any SP300 into a
"v" by setting the dip switches on the board. I did it to mine 7 or 8 years ago
. I am sure a quick GOOGLE will get you the info you need to make it a "V"

Bluealert

You really need the serial number to speak with apples to apples.
Roland Made the:
Sp300 - USB printer works with ColorRip,, Then
Sp300V - USB printer now working with VersaWorks the 'v', Then
Sp300 - yes back to that Ethernet working with VersaWorks, Then
Sp300i - Ethernet, VersaWorks, improved ink technology

So the printer should be hooked direct to avoid drops - if so then you need to lock the IP of the Ethernet card so that the printer can find the VW, unless you use the AIPIA setup - 169.254.XXX.XXX - using this combination will tunnel through to VW and allow you to keep your internet connection.

netsol

multihoming lancard?

bluealert, are you talking about multihoming the lancard? assigning 2 different ip's in 2different ranges? we've been doing that for 15 years, but i know it sometimes makes new operating systems a little crazy.

You really need the serial number to speak with apples to apples.
Roland Made the:
Sp300 - USB printer works with ColorRip,, Then
Sp300V - USB printer now working with VersaWorks the 'v', Then
Sp300 - yes back to that Ethernet working with VersaWorks, Then
Sp300i - Ethernet, VersaWorks, improved ink technology

So the printer should be hooked direct to avoid drops - if so then you need to lock the IP of the Ethernet card so that the printer can find the VW, unless you use the AIPIA setup - 169.254.XXX.XXX - using this combination will tunnel through to VW and allow you to keep your internet connection.

Bluealert

Netsol I am not familiar with your terminology. I can restate it this way. Communication from printer to computer needs to be known to VersaWorks. The Printer has its own IP address, while the computer LAN card needs another. If it is dynamic VW will not see it and cannot communicate with the printer. IF you assign an IP such as the standard 192.168.xxx.xxx then the static IP can establish communication with the VC, but not the Internet. You will need either WiFi to connect or an additional LAN card to connect to the Internet. If you use the AIPIA protocol, 169.254.xxx.xxx the you can complete the connection between printer and computer, while maintaining an Internet connection.

Seriously?

Hello muhanad,

Don't forget, if you still need assistance with this from Roland Corporate Tech Support, you'll need to submit an official request for support. We can discuss this with you more once we have your submission (go here:
https://www.rolanddga.com/support/product-support-form).

Additionally, BlueAlert is correct (in the #7 post) where it's mention that the serial number is important. It will help us determine what machine version you actually have and whether (or not) the printer's be "unofficially converted to some of other model/version of the SP-300 series. This is critical for us to know, so we can provide you the proper support. Include the serial number in your form submission to us.

Take care,
Roland Tech Support
rn

Hey Jim Hill,

Although people circumvent the setup of the printer (to make it a SP-300v), this "conversion" is not supported by Roland corporate offices, in any way. That's all!

Everyone take care!

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn