• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp300 service call 107

RMXGRAPHIX

I got a "service call error 107" I tried to to the encoder set up but came up with the error. any idea on what I could try?

jfiscus

Rap Master
dont have that model, but I assume that error means your encoder is dirty.

re-clean, re-calibrate & re-test through the service menu. dont use full strength alcohol (and never use roland cleaning stuff!), cant remember the percentage, but its on this site soemwhere. if still dirty, remove the strip & flip it to the other half if you havent flipped it yet. It may also help to clean the electronic eye, but be careful not to damage it getting it out & back in straight.

also, clean the track that the carriage rides on & lube it a very little bit with 3in1 oil. our wheels/bearings(?) in the carriage got dirty & was causign an encoder error recently and this fixed it.

RMXGRAPHIX

thanks but still not working

OK I tried both encoder set ups and both failed. I fliped the endcoder strip and cleaned it, still failed. I also did the enviro match and failed again, anything else I can try? I ended up buying another roland sp300v, but would to have the sp300 as a back up. What happened was the clear protective strip over the ribbon cable for the carrage broke and and got hung up and after that I got the service call message. I just dont want to start throwing parts at it. any more help from you guy's would be great and thanks for all your help so far ..Jamie

jfiscus

Rap Master
if the clear strip broke, then the wires inside it broke. Those broke wires are causing the error. You need the new wiring harness and protective strips. That'll fix you right up. Had this happen a while ago. Try to keep that strip & track clean.

RMXGRAPHIX

I was hoping someone was going to say that it was the wires. I was going to try that first (the cheaper of the 2 evils) I did notice a lot of sticky type goo in the track , after I pulled the cover off. One more question does anyone know a good source to order the carriage ribbon cable from ? The Roland dealer in Wisconsin where we purchased it from is a dead beat after the sale no contact/support what so ever and will never recommend or buy from again kinda like a used car salesmen your best friend till he makes the deal.... again. Thanks for all your guys help ..Jamie & Kim

jfiscus

Rap Master
For our Roland service/parts we use Nazdar.
(800) 729-9942
http://www.nazdarconsulting.com
Greg Markus:Sales Representative: (Cell) 513-290-0129
800-677-4657 x 2544 John Thursten - Nazdar Consulting Services

Nazdar
3905 Port Union Road
Fairfield, Ohio 45014

It would have been helpful to know how the problem started (jammed ribbon cable/sleeve) in the beginning. Those wires are so weak that one good bend breaks them.