• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300V not printing all the colors

anwarshah

:omg:
I just changed the pump on my Roland SP300V due to the problem of not printing yellow. When printing the color bar it prints CMMK instead of CMYK.
When the pump was being changed, there was a lot of ink near the old pump.
After successful installation of the pump, and several "Medium Clean" around 4 times and twice "Powerful Cleans" it still prints CMMK. I was told by a tech to use a syringe to suck out the ink near the CAP. But hardly anything comes out.
Anyone know what the problem is?

ChiknNutz

How long has it been since the cap tops were replaced? I change mine out every 6 mos. This may not be the issue, but it could contribute to it.

So you are saying that where Yellow should be printing it is printing Magenta. FYI, Cyan & Black share a head and Magenta & Yellow share a head. Sometimes I've had CK and MY get mixed up for a little while duirng some cleaning, but it usually gets resolved pretty quick after cleaning better. Do you manually clean it or just from the control panel?

txsurfer

create a large square 100Yellow and print until the yellow starts printing, we had this issue before the magenta had contaminated the yellow

anwarshah

How long has it been since the cap tops were replaced? I change mine out every 6 mos. This may not be the issue, but it could contribute to it.

So you are saying that where Yellow should be printing it is printing Magenta. FYI, Cyan & Black share a head and Magenta & Yellow share a head. Sometimes I've had CK and MY get mixed up for a little while duirng some cleaning, but it usually gets resolved pretty quick after cleaning better. Do you manually clean it or just from the control panel?

What are caps? In 3 years I've replaced a pump once and the wipers twice and wiper scraper once. I clean manually as when the need arises. My printing is very low vulume.

tanneji

create a large square that has 100% yellow and 0% CMK and then print that over and over again until magenta gets cleared out of the yellow head

high impact

Sounds like cap tops...if you don't know what they are then I would definitely start there! We change ours once a year at minimum!

The cap tops are what seals the heads when they park...the rubber breaks down and then the heads don't seal any longer.

oops...I see I was two minutes late. hahaha

Last edited:

Sign Works

You also might want to check your yellow ink cartridge to make sure it is not empty, occasionally they do not work properly to let the printer know that they have run out of ink.

Sign Works

Also did you upgrade the printer's firmware for the new pump? I just replaced the pump on my 2 1/2 year old SP-300V and it was a newer style pump than the original and required a firmware upgrade.