• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 V motor error 0050

Pegasus30

I just bought a used Roland sp540v. When I looked at everything powered on but nothing printed. I've got new heads for it. But when I got in home when I power on I get motor error 0040. What should I do? One post suggest to reinitialize the limit by moving the print carriage to the left, I cannot get it to move freely at all. Please help.

Last edited:

Pegasus30

Thank you Jim, I was able to get past the motor error. Now as far no print at all where should I start, I don't know if I should do a lot of cleanings or check some else. I have run like 4 cleanings with no results. i sure the lines are clogged but I don't know where to try to push ink through.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Thank you Jim, I was able to get past the motor error. Now as far no print at all where should I start, I don't know if I should do a lot of cleanings or check some else. I have run like 4 cleanings with no results. i sure the lines are clogged but I don't know where to try to push ink through.
Just look at the other Roland threads, it's been explained there 100 times, even recently. You can find the answer quicker than Jim can copy-paste it to you.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Just look at the other Roland threads, it's been explained there 100 times, even recently. You can find the answer quicker than Jim can copy-paste it to you.
Not exactly sure what this means...

The primary purpose of this board is to share knowledge and information, whether it be hard earned through experience, or knowing what existing information is available that will help fix the problem. Many users on here are not technically oriented and come here for solutions. They often don't know what search term to use to find answers, so they just ask... As a professional technician, I try to ascertain their ability, and respond by a direct reply, or by "copy-pasting" a section from an official factory service manual which often is a better approach than trying to explain it in a reply, or by suggesting they call me. And I do get calls... My answer always depends upon the complexity of the problem. And if I don't have an answer, I don't respond. But I try to remember the answer someone else posts so I do know in the future. And I do try to post the solution to issues on here when the problem is solved through phone support. One of my pet peeves here is when valid solutions are suggested for a problem and the original poster never responds to verify if the suggested solution worked or not.

The power of knowledge isn't knowing everything, but knowing how and where to find the knowledge you need, when you need it.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You have any of several issues, i.e., clogged cap lines, bad heads, blown fuses on the mainboard, cap/head misalignment, etc. I would suggest you call me to discuss, as there are many potential issues. It will be more efficient to help you verbally than through multiple responses here. Once we sort it out, I will post the outcome here.

Pegasus30

As a matter of fact I did use the search feature and because I did find many answers to the question that I posed, many in threads several years old, it was faster for me to start a fresh thread that would help me figure out a solution in a timely manner. That was the reason I joined this forum. I am very grateful Jim took the time to answer the thread and I respect what he has shown to be proven knowledge. In the future I plan on sharing not only what I learn here but also what I learn on my own.