• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 vs. VP540

Mainframe

I hesitate to say this but my experience with this vp540 was plug & play, I just did the same things the tech did & I don't have much trouble printing my files. I had the oracal vinyl ready to load before the vp arrived & also had some banner stock ready so he profiled the 2 in versaworks & off I went. Interestingly I got a call from a guy who needed a file printed from photoshop while the tech was setting up, he couldn't believe it but the first print I did I made 42 bucks, hey I was excited, it was a start, I had been subbing out stuff all summer so I was glad to be able to produce in-house. I do laminate things but I use the Big squeegee & (here we go again) this thing was pretty much plug & play, I watched every video on youtube & the included dvd & I mount prints & laminate no problem, I do many other types of signs so I am not a high volume printer shop but the printing part is gradually increasing. I had 3-4x10 foot banners sold I printed on the second day & haven't looked back since. As for the speed thing, just for an example I Got a call from a good customer last thurs & he needed 4-4x18 foot banners, 2-2 sided signacades with prints 2 small metal signs & some window lettering by the following Monday, the vp handled it no problem so the speed helped, Also if the price difference for the sp is 4 grand, you get 2 year warr with the vp & one year warr with the sp the 1 g you have to spend on the extra year lowers the difference to 3 grand

TheDecalWorld

Roland VP300 and VP540 Detailed Quotes? Are these good? Please help?

Hey Everyone! New to the Forum! You all have some great info posted on here! Thanks for all the helpful hints and tips. I am looking into pulling the trigger on a Versacamm and just got 2 quotes in from my local rep today. (I know everyone wants to compare prices and I figured the detailed quote here would help others out too) I don't want to rush into a 20K purchase and want to research this to a T. Anyone that has purchased recently do these look good? Anything more I should ask for? Not sure on the 300 or the 540. Right now everything we would do the 300 could handle, however when you get into a machine like this the options become unlimited an we are always looking to grow. We are also planning on Wraps down the road. I know the 300 can do wraps, however is the tiling much more complicated for larger projects? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

VP300 Quote:

Quantity Description List Price Your Price

1 EA Roland VP300 30” Printer/Cutter $15,795.00 $14,795.00
Stock # ROLVP300
30” VersaCam Eco Solvent. Printer
2 year warranty, Versaworks RIP also included

4 EA Roland Inks 220ml $ 66.99 $59.95

1EA Daige Quickmount 4 $1495.00 $ 1,495.00
38” laminator and mounter

1 EA RolandMedia Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA SSUSA Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA Intelicoat Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE

Sub Total: $16,542.00
Sales Tax: $ 1,017.52
Quote Total: $17,559.52
**INSTALLATION, TRAINING & SUPPORT ALL INCLUDED AT NO CHARGE,
Which is a $1,500.00 value**

VP540 Quote:

Quantity Description List Price Your Price

1 EA Roland VP540 54” Printer/Cutter $21,995.00 $19,895.00
Stock # ROLVP540 54” VersaCam Eco Solvent. Printer
2 year warranty, Versaworks RIP also included

4 EA Roland Inks 220ml $66.99 $59.95

1EA Sol Pro Laminator with Heat Assisted $6995.00 $ 4,995.00
Laminator and mounter

1 EA RolandMedia Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA SSUSA Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE
1 EA Intelicoat Media Sample Kit $250.00 FREE

Sub Total: $25,424.00
Sales Tax: $ 1,599.52
Quote Total: $26,841.52
**INSTALLATION, TRAINING & SUPPORT ALL INCLUDED AT NO CHARGE,
Which is a $1,500.00 value**

Thanks Everyone! Matt

scuba_steve2699

Matt - Those prices are high! Check with Mike Koval on the forum here. He is a sales guy from Imprintables. I have seen much better quotes from him.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
tracking is 99% operator error.

Unless of course the rear roller frame that holds the media isn't exactly inline with the printer/rollers. Just a minute difference will affect a longer print. And if you are doing double sided banners...let the headaches begin.

rjp739

GRAPHICS
either printer not recommand. it is sucks.
I have vp540. One print head id clog. if you try exchange head yourself, never drop ink, it make short. it go direct fuse out and transister blow. it cost $12.00 but dealer never say this. they just tell you change board. it cost $2000. installation $1000.
roland fxxx sucks. print head is epson. it just bubble jet head. not really high tech. fuxxing epson charge $1000. .... everybody try just gathering money...
they think it is like space ship... NO way. make me feel stupid.
most dealer just change part. don't know how to fix part. maby they don't like headach.
one fuse is 0.99 but they charge $11. what the fxxx. their fuse is Gold?
I have vp but if you have plan buy printer, never buy roland.
I had a lot experience abot this printer. most same thing fj. vp..... just different board and head.. anybody need help....... send mail, I will help you.

DRamm76

Matt - Those prices are high! Check with Mike Koval on the forum here. He is a sales guy from Imprintables. I have seen much better quotes from him.

Price is only high when you don't have the reliable company behind you to support it. Buy a printer for a "great deal" then let me know how your support and service is..You'll eat through that discount REALLY fast when your machine is down and you can't get anyone on the phone.

My opinion and my opinion only, but I've seen a thousand guys stay focused on nothing but the price of the equipment. With all the time people spend searching on the web to nickel and dime a dealer on the cost of the machine, you could have it in your shop and already running.

Those who need to drop the price of the machine are more likely the ones who lack the knowledge base and the support to go along with it. I think the price above listed is a fair deal. It's not mine but the quoting structure does look familiar.

Again, if you really think you will be able to get lets say a $30,000 machine for $25,000 plus free ink, free install, free technical support, free shipping, and free training, let me know what color the sky may be in your world. Why should a dealer provide you with top notch support when you aren't showing him enough respect to put a decent commission in his pocket. Commissions earned pay for a dealer's TIME. Time he spends helping YOU be successful. If your dealer doesn't do that, well shame on them.

Those who are successful in this business learn to build the right partnerships with the dealers they buy from. You give a little, they give a little. You nickel and dime them, then well, you get what you pay for and you'll be on here seeking service manuals because you "can't get a dealer on the phone"

Again..this is just my opinion..I am not directing this at anyone or any dealer..

DRamm76

either printer not recommand. it is sucks.
I have vp540. One print head id clog. if you try exchange head yourself, never drop ink, it make short. it go direct fuse out and transister blow. it cost $12.00 but dealer never say this. they just tell you change board. it cost $2000. installation $1000.
roland fxxx sucks. print head is epson. it just bubble jet head. not really high tech. fuxxing epson charge $1000. .... everybody try just gathering money...
they think it is like space ship... NO way. make me feel stupid.
most dealer just change part. don't know how to fix part. maby they don't like headach.
one fuse is 0.99 but they charge $11. what the fxxx. their fuse is Gold?
I have vp but if you have plan buy printer, never buy roland.
I had a lot experience abot this printer. most same thing fj. vp..... just different board and head.. anybody need help....... send mail, I will help you.

rrrrrriiigggghhhhtt...let me guess..you got a "great deal" when you bought it..not for nothing, why are you trying to change a print head by yourself?