• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp540v carraige cable problems

coneil1b

hi all

in the past 3 months my printer has broke down 5 times each time the problems seems to be the same the carriage cable and the carriage guide crashes crunching the guide and the carriage cable leaving the printer incapable of use,

the tech guy has already visited us 3 - 4 times repairing the same problem to no avail, im really sick to death of it if i had the money i would really consider buying a new one, i have a job lined up of 180 cars to apply graphics to and the printers really not helping.

i think the temperature settings might have something to do with the problem, currently set ink 40 and dryer 45 this was set by the tech guy about a year ago.

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

CS-SignSupply

Take the covers off and clean every piece of metal that the Carriage Guides touch during regular printing. Then get some Teflon Tape and place over these areas. This may allow the guide to slide with less drag.

It is also possible the guides were installed incorrectly.

coneil1b

sorry forgot to mention i have already cleaned the metal in with the carriage cable sits on two different occasions last time was a week ago.

GTSTech_1

Your or the tech is leaving too much or not enough slack in the cable. Your Roland tech should have the PDF on replacing the guides and cable, it show the right and wrong way to install.

My .02

GTSTech_1

Your or the tech is leaving too much or not enough slack in the cable. Your Roland tech should have the PDF on replacing the guides and cable, it show the right and wrong way to install.

My .02

GTSTech_1

I would agree your tech is definatly NOT installing them right. I have installed them myself with no problems at all!

Jack Knight1979

I've restrung my cable on a 6' wide printer. I thought I had a backlash problem last summer. It turned out my carriage bearing went back.

At any rate. This is an easy fix and you need a different tech.

splizaat

I know you had the tech do it, but those plastic clear guides that the cable is sandwiched in can go two different ways and if they're not adjusted right, it won't flow when the carriage moves side to side. I'd be willing to be the tech isn't installing those clear plastic cable guides properly....there's no way those cable guides should keep going bad. Ours crunched once and without replacing I just cleaned every bit of dust off the metal parts and both clear guides and it's worked great since.

splizaat

whoops. Just saw someone else suggested this. I guess i should read whole threads before replying.

ALso -- if your carriage bearings are going bad, then your cable has been installed too tight.

FIND A NEW TECH ASAP!

coneil1b

had no problems with the machine but had a quick observation the upper carriage guide seems to stick to the actual carriage as if it were static and the bottom carriage and the cable seem to be fine

stillhasdust

Make sure the linear encoder board is not crashing into the clear strips. The linear encoder board is held down by a screw but it swivels and can crash into the strips.