• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp540v, cuts sandblast mask?

wesley

hey everyone, was wondering if anyone has ever tried cutting sandblast mask with an sp540v.... we're thinking about gettin one but would definitely need it to do this. thanks alot for any advice on this.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Why would you want beat up a finely tuned printer?

Pick up a separate/stand alone cutter.

Tparkin

I'd never even consider it. I have a separate cutter for vinyl and sandblast mask. That stuff is heavy and has to be brutal on the pinch rollers, motor, etc. Don't know if you've ever seen repair prices on the printers but, I'd invest in a decently priced standalone cutter and let the printer do the printing.

zmatalucci

also, there's a lot of powder on the mask that would just annihilate your encoder strip, print heads, vacuums, sensors, etc.

Mainframe

I do it all the time on my vp 540, the tech told me go ahead no problem & it works, I run the heater a little so it cuts easier, I haven't had any trouble yet, getting ready to cut some mask right after some prints,I don't see any powder