• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V cutter blade, suggestions?

Tony Rome

Just curious where some of you get your contour cutting blade?
I got mine from Fellers, I am not sure how many different manufacturers there are but I swear my blades do not last long enough for the little amount of cutting I do.
Can someone suggest a blade that they have actually noticed was better than one they used to get, or any input about this?

I get a 45 degree, I imagine that is at least right.

Thanks!

Tony Rome

thanks, I see they sell different degrees, but most people I know get 45, what is up with the other ones, are they for something special?

inkmed

Please compare your blade with attachment picture, it is 45 degree Roland blade.
If you cut hard media like vinyl, you need hard blade with hard materias like Germany tungsten steel, the life will be long.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Attachments

• Roland 45degree blade.jpg
    Roland 45degree blade.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 96

Tony Rome

Please compare your blade with attachment picture, it is 45 degree Roland blade.
If you cut hard media like vinyl, you need hard blade with hard materias like Germany tungsten steel, the life will be long.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Yes, I have a 45 degree. So where do you get yours?

Tony Rome

Do some people switch their blades depending on what they are cutting?
The main things I do are solvent printable heat transfers for T-Shirts (thin material, more detailed cutting) and let's say contour cut laminated stickers or vehicle wrap vinyl.

rjssigns

Bought Roland blades and the corner literally fell off of a brand new blade within 2 feet of cutting. Second blade made it a couple days. Third blade has been hanging in there for a while. $30 dollars wasted inside of 3 days. That just ain't right.

What did I learn? Just because I paid $15 a blade doesn't mean they will last. So instead of buying 3 more for $45 I found the cheapest blades on the planet. Paid like 5 bux a piece delivered. Waiting for the last OEM blade to die to try the el Cheapo's.

inkmed

Do some people switch their blades depending on what they are cutting?
The main things I do are solvent printable heat transfers for T-Shirts (thin material, more detailed cutting) and let's say contour cut laminated stickers or vehicle wrap vinyl.

There are 30degree 45 degree 50 degree and 60 degree blades.
When you cut more detailed, better to switch the 60degree blades.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

cleancutblade

RJ, if you buy my blades and the tip falls off in 3 days it's a fluke and I will replace it.

Inkmed, my blades are made with American made carbide and will stand up against any blades on the market guaranteed no questions asked.

To be fair to Roland, just because they say Roland on the box, doesn't make them Roland blades. There is a Chinese company selling "Roland" blades that aren't. Same thing with Graphtec and others.

If they fail call me I will replace them.