• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V Does Not Print Black Or Cyan - HELP!

STRATMAN2

Steps completed to repair printer:

Replaced fuse (everything is good), replace damper, cap, printhead cables and finally the printhead. Still no black or cyan. I checked the larger transistors and all are good. Has anyone any suggestions at this point?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you flushed the pump tubes? They might be clogged which wouldn't allow ink to flow into the head after install. Also, double check the fuse outside of the machine. Sometimes they can give false positives when still installed in a machine. If the fuse and transistors are good, you can confirm ink is flowing through the head, and it still doesn't fire, the head could be fried and/or there is some other mysterious electrical issue happening.

Terry01

Have you flushed the pump tubes? They might be clogged which wouldn't allow ink to flow into the head after install. Also, double check the fuse outside of the machine. Sometimes they can give false positives when still installed in a machine. If the fuse and transistors are good, you can confirm ink is flowing through the head, and it still doesn't fire, the head could be fried and/or there is some other mysterious electrical issue happening.
Fuses are soldered on the SP300 and 540's. They are testable inplace

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Fuses are soldered on the SP300 and 540's. They are testable inplace

It depends on the exact model. Later versions had replaceable fuses. I also agree they are testable in place but I have had many customer say a fuse was good when in reality it wasn't.

STRATMAN2

Thank you all for your time and the valuable advise! I am still with no black. I have rechecked and re-soldered the fuse.

STRATMAN2

It depends on the exact model. Later versions had replaceable fuses. I also agree they are testable in place but I have had many customer say a fuse was good when in reality it wasn't.
This turned out to be the case. Checked the fuse again and everything works! Prints like a new machine! The fuse can check good and not be soldered to the board properly. Thank you for all the advise!

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83