• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland True Vis VG2-640

Sign Wonder

Hi Everyone, I am in the market for a new printer. At the moment we have a Roland VP 540 which is over 15 years old. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions as we are interested in the True Vis VG2 640? We do mostly vehicle branding and bike sticker kits. TIA

CanuckSigns

Do a search on this forum, this topic comes up at least once a day. In short, the new Rolands are nowhere near the machines they once were.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Roland True Vis uses Ricoh Heads which are bit problematic not as stable as the Epson Heads they used before... If you looking to improve your business check out Stratojet Hawk EcoClean, its the most cost productive printer out there, with much better ink system than the Truvis. They did a buyback with me when i had issue with the Roland VG2-540.

Yaser

I've been using my VG2-540 for a few months now, been running solid! Small issues here and there, but that's expected. Loving the colors (moving from a Latex)

Karen Souza

Hi Everyone, I am in the market for a new printer. At the moment we have a Roland VP 540 which is over 15 years old. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions as we are interested in the True Vis VG2 640? We do mostly vehicle branding and bike sticker kits. TIA
Moved from a RolandVS540 to an Epson S80600 The colors are way better than my Roland, prints like a champ......The Truevis was too problematic for my liking. Look into an Epson!

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Hi All,

The Hawk Clean Print is an awesome option based on a very low cost bulk ink system (0.09$ a sq/ft 100% coverage; photo).
The Hawk used a Synthetic Water based ink with 0% solvents (unlike Eco-Solvent or Latex) and are more flexible, stable and can print on any roll media designed for any ink system.
Because the catalyst is water and not solvents that carry the pigments to the media, the inks stay hydrated, brighter pigments/colors and more playable (best system for vehicle wraps).
The print heads are a Nano tech with 2400 (2.6 pic/lt) and do not require 24/7 auto purging nor cartridges.
We are offering a trade-in program for old printers starting now through Q4.

https://stratojetusa.com/hawk-72

I’m more then happy to speak to you (or anyone) about our cutting edge printers.

Dan Schaefer
Dan@StratoJet.com
https://StratoJetUSA.com

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The Hawk used a Synthetic Water based ink with 0% solvents (unlike Eco-Solvent or Latex) and are more flexible, stable and can print on any roll media designed for any ink system.
What is the tested outdoor durability of this ink compared to the current solvent & ecosolvent inks?

StratoJet

Merchant Member
What is the tested outdoor durability of this ink compared to the current solvent & ecosolvent inks?
Hi Jim,

We guarantee 2 year outdoor durability on most all substrates and 8-10 years with UV lam (+/- 1yr depending on Lamination manufacturer).

NamPhantasm

Hi All,

The Hawk Clean Print is an awesome option based on a very low cost bulk ink system (0.09$ a sq/ft 100% coverage; photo).
Because the catalyst is water and not solvents that carry the pigments to the media, the inks stay hydrated, brighter pigments/colors and more playable (best system for vehicle wraps).
The print heads are a Nano tech with 2400 (2.6 pic/lt) and do not require 24/7 auto purging nor cartridges.
We are offering a trade-in program for old printers starting now through Q4.

https://stratojetusa.com/hawk-72

I’m more then happy to speak to you (or anyone) about our cutting edge printers.

Dan Schaefer
Dan@StratoJet.com
https://StratoJetUSA.com

How much does one of these machine sells for? Do you have any videos on YouTube on the StratoJet Hawk 72?