• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VG to VG2 Firmware removes service mode, end user access deleted??

keith20mm

I have two VG2’s and I am able to get into the service menu of both. They are both running TR2 inks. Is there something that I need to avoid to prevent being locked out of them? Our nearest service center is 3.5 hours away. I can’t afford to pay GSG $1000’s just to perform a calibration that I would normally do myself.
Hi Jeff412, what is the method that you enter service mode? ... and what firmware version is installed in your VG2?

jeff412

The technician just left. He said that service mode can be enabled on the VG2's by going into the service menu. (technician required if you don't have access). Go to Service Switches->Page 10-> Set the last 0 to 1. That enables service mode and it stays enabled for future firmware upgrades. He said this is not available on VG3's.