• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP 540 AND VERSAWORKS loosing IP connection and stop printing not connected

Wwonka

[FONT=&quot]My Roland printer VP-540 stops printing in the middle of a job, initially it was only EPS print&cut jobs, now a few days later its also PDF jobs that stops.
printheads just docks, display reads "now processing" and Versaworks says "not connected"

I have read a lot on the internet, also here on 101,and i have tried almost everything i can think of; changeing PC, other cables, direct connection, new Router, no router you name it!!!!! (at least i think)

I have an educated electronics engineer and computer guy in my family to help, so we can repair, solder etc the main board ourselves. and have quite a lot of experience with these things, just havent tried this problem out before.

So help from people who works or knows their printers a lvl deeper than just user would be much appreciated.

We are quite convinced that the problem is located at the printers mainboard in the Network section. all pointers go in that direction :)

Can anyony pls give me some idea about what to do or look after at the mainboard, or if there is anothrer solution to this problem. or am i completely off course here???

I need some help fast if anyone know what causes this problem and what the fix is. and pls dont suggest a mainboard switch, thats not what i want to do
icon_e_smile.gif
but all other help or ideas is welcome

Thanks for you help and time[/FONT]

WwonkaMember Posts: 1Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:08 pm

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Riethian

Hi, I had been same problem. I updated firmware to 4.80 and thats enough to fix it. I think they updated the ethernet driver on the mainboard.

Ugur A.

Riethian

***UPDATE
The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.

shadi75

owner
I had that same problem with my vp-300 , i also think it is the Ethernet chip on the board has a bad connection. I also noticed this was always happening in the winter after i read a post about the work area being too cold. My work area is cold . So i been making sure i load up the material in the printer half an hour before i start printing and if its really cold i turn on a small heater. Since i started doing this i haven't had the not connected issue at all.

For me this worked.

B&GSigns

***UPDATE
The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.
We just had the same problem. We had the chip replaced here locally but we now don't have any light to the Ethernet port. Is there something that we need to do to reprogram the new chip?

Thanks Chris

tradeup

Chris Any Updates on your Chip? I just replaced my RTL8201CP chip and same issue. I noticed there are 2 revisions to this chip and wondering if I got wrong revision

TimToad

Hy, has anyone manage to fix this problem? Same thing here!
Thanks

Ours has been in that condition for two years now. We are convinced that some small connection on the motherboard or network adapter is weak or has loosened and until it warms up past 75 degrees and expands, it loses connection and gives that error. I've looked at all the components on the main board and can't see any that appear loose.

We are in a warm part of California and from April through October we can walk in the shop in the morning, run the 48"x48" "Roland Warm-Up" blank print we've created as a workaround and it will run perfectly all day. As soon as the night time temps drop in the fall and the shop cools off overnight, we have to place a small space heater and run it and the warm up print first thing for a half hour in order to not get the error. By the time we have checked our emails, laminated the prints from the day before, organized our day, its ready to use without fail.

Petl9

Hi, we know how to solve this problem. Option 1 is a replacement board. Option 2 - repair. We can repair your fee. send to Russia, to the address indicated, we are close to the official representative of Roland. we repair for $ 900, we give a guarantee of 6 months. The new board costs about $ 1,700. It will work stably for many more years.

player

Hi, we know how to solve this problem. Option 1 is a replacement board. Option 2 - repair. We can repair your fee. send to Russia, to the address indicated, we are close to the official representative of Roland. we repair for $ 900, we give a guarantee of 6 months. The new board costs about $ 1,700. It will work stably for many more years.
No.

Ignis

Hy, does anyone manage to solve this problem? Is network chip causing this and have it work after repair?

JAMES LOUIS

Same problem here with the vp-540 roland. we put a lilttle heater next to mainboard and we can obtain ip and print properly - sometime at half the job it's freeze on processing while computer says not connected but so far so good . soon we ll get maybe the sg2540

Itsacustomised

[FONT=&quot]My Roland printer VP-540 stops printing in the middle of a job, initially it was only EPS print&cut jobs, now a few days later its also PDF jobs that stops.
printheads just docks, display reads "now processing" and Versaworks says "not connected"

I have read a lot on the internet, also here on 101,and i have tried almost everything i can think of; changeing PC, other cables, direct connection, new Router, no router you name it!!!!! (at least i think)

I have an educated electronics engineer and computer guy in my family to help, so we can repair, solder etc the main board ourselves. and have quite a lot of experience with these things, just havent tried this problem out before.

So help from people who works or knows their printers a lvl deeper than just user would be much appreciated.

We are quite convinced that the problem is located at the printers mainboard in the Network section. all pointers go in that direction :)

Can anyony pls give me some idea about what to do or look after at the mainboard, or if there is anothrer solution to this problem. or am i completely off course here???

I need some help fast if anyone know what causes this problem and what the fix is. and pls dont suggest a mainboard switch, thats not what i want to do
icon_e_smile.gif

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

icon_e_smile.gif

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Post in thread 'Network chip Roland VP540'
https://www.signs101.com/threads/network-chip-roland-vp540.162083/post-1618812