• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP540 wastage

solantis

When printing on a sheet thats 1250 wide my machine says the media is only 1140 wide. How can I rectify this or work around it because when im printing an A2 I cant place one next to the other and end up wasting material

rjssigns

What RIP? Do you ask the RIP to get media width? VW will default to the last size if you don't ask it to check.

Rednapew

Wastage on a Roland simple solution... possibly

When printing on a sheet thats 1250 wide my machine says the media is only 1140 wide. How can I rectify this or work around it because when im printing an A2 I cant place one next to the other and end up wasting material
Hi ... first thing I thought of is the rollers and media position... are your rollers positioned at the edges of your material or even half on the material (needs perfectly square alignment of your media/vinyl) the printer/cutter will read where the outside rollers are... NOT the edge or the media... after the machine finishes the "Setup" process... check your RIP software settings (Roland Versaworks) in "Layout" click "Get Media Width" button... hope that helped...

solantis

Thanks guys. The problem was that I was not positioning the media correctly to get the most out of the material. I've played around with the configuration a bit and im getting the last few mm in :)