• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VS-300 convert to CMYK

Dlangel

Hello,
I have an older Roland VS-300 that I was given because it is believed the print head is bad. I am wanting to test the cutter but don't have all the colors to get past the boot sequence. Right now it is setup as 6 color with LC and LM. I would like to change it to dual CMYK as I have those cartridges on hand and can get past the boot setup to see if it will even cut.

I have searched to see if I can find the service manual for this printer, but didn't find any that were specified for the vs-300. I would be grateful if anyone could help me with this conversion. I do realize that if the printer does end up working I will have to flush or replace the lines, and clean the print head.

woolly

may lead to more print related problems but you could cut a bit off the level blade that is on the cart to fool it to think there is ink in the cart,

Dlangel

may lead to more print related problems but you could cut a bit off the level blade that is on the cart to fool it to think there is ink in the cart,
I am going to do that but right now I only have the CMYK colors. I would have to purchase LC LM to get it to boot or convert it over to 4 color. I'm having a hard time spending any money on it until I know if it will work at all.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say the machine was "given" to you ?? You don't have a cent in it, yet. Why not ask someone here or the person you got it from for some old cartridges, cut the tabs off like mentioned and go from there ??

Dlangel

machine was "given" to you ?? You don't have a cent in it, yet. Why not ask someone here or the person you got it from for some old cartridges, cut the tabs off like mentioned and go from there ??
Yes it was given to me. The person I got it from did not have any of the old carts, and I have the CMYK ones already which is why I was going to convert it. If someone has an old LC and LM they want to get rid of I would be happy to take them off their hands and cut the tab off for testing. I figured converting it might be the fastest way to get in and test, but If I can come up with the other 2 carts that would be the perfect solution. I am 99% sure the print head is completely dead and all the lines are dried up, but want to see if it will even cut.