• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland XC-540

ChadRpm

I BLEW THE f2 fuse on my XC-540. I replaced it. Plugged the machine in and still would not print black and yellow. I shut the machine down and pulled the print heads to take photos of the numbers on them in order to verify that they were in the printer properly. Reinstalled and plugged in and fired it up.

Now the display doesn't work and Versaworks says "check printer" and it sits there and beeps.

Please help. Any suggestion to try is appreciated!

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Power off, reseat the ribbon cables to the printheads you removed. FYI, the head rank code will have nothing to do with the heads not firing, it only affects the performance of the head firing correctly. Also, recheck all the ribbons and connections on the head board. See if everything works now.

If you still have no yellow/black, check the F2 fuse again. If it is blown again, then you have a shorted transistor on the B bank. This is a board repairable situation.