• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XF-640 8 color mode?

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
Yo!
I have a XF-640 and I'm wondering if the following is possible (I think not, but maybe there's a custom driver out there) - Can I setup the XF to run in 8 color mode like the RF-640? IE: CMYK Lc Lm Orange Green
There's nothing specifically mentioned in any of the manuals, but on Roland's support page for the model they have PDFs on how to print with white and metallic, which is a far more complicated system given the need to circulate the white the whole time and the machine doesn't have the hardware for it. The documents on the support page could also be there in error.

Perhaps a modified firmware version of the RF or XF model so it enables 8 color for the XF?

Steve

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well the info says it's possible so why not.

1658645934698.png

1658645963283.png

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
You can't find this online. I happen to have it...
I've gone through the service notes an no mention. Is this gonna cost me to get the solution from you, or do I need to dress up in something provocative and seduce the answer out of you LOL ! We're getting in another XF-640 and I'm seriously considering converting the one to a hexachrome edition, even if it is slower, so your future input, even at a charge, would be appreciated.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I've gone through the service notes an no mention. Is this gonna cost me to get the solution from you, or do I need to dress up in something provocative and seduce the answer out of you LOL ! We're getting in another XF-640 and I'm seriously considering converting the one to a hexachrome edition, even if it is slower, so your future input, even at a charge, would be appreciated.
Its in the product introduction.

But what more do you need? Everything that is required is in that picture. It's all.