• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland XR-640 print horizontal line issue.

Real Deal

Roland Soljet Pro4 XR-640
Hello everyone.

I have a Roland Soljet Pro4 XR-640. Just replaced two new print head last year.
Does anyone have a print issue with the solid long horizontal line? (See attached image)
it only happens with the below two options (maybe another type, but only these two appear so far):
A: High-Speed media type,
B: Crop marks (Print & Cut Alignment),

Any idea and solutions?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_4129.JPG
    IMG_4129.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 551
  • IMG_4131.JPG
    IMG_4131.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 329

Real Deal

I believe this is an electronic issue. What happens when you print the nozzle test print? Image DPI has nothing to do with this.
I would guess so, it appeared when I replaced the print head with one of the local Roland certified technicians.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with Jim. It looks like an electrical issue. I would make sure the encoder is clean as well as sometimes it can look like an electrical issue when it's just a dirty encoder. If it's clean and still looks like that, you could have a bad cables or board somewhere in the machine.

Scott at Roland

Hi Real Deal - I have seen similar issues before - is this always the same color? When I have seen this before, and a lot of times it was directly preceded by a head replacement, was due to a head cable (or in less common occurrences a main ribbon cable from head board to carriage board) that was not installed properly. Typically the head ribbon cable is slightly skewed in the connector or not completely fitted in. Reseating the ribbon cables can often resolve this issue. Please note, I have not seen this issue occur during different print modes (high speed, etc), but I can't say that it would never happen. There could be a similarity in carriage speeds between the high speed print mode and the printing of the registration marks, which use a high carriage speed which would account for it happening in both of those operations.
Please note - If you do decide to reseat the cables - please make sure that the machine is off and unplugged. Also, keep in mind that these ribbon cables are very delicate and can easily be damaged. So I might recommend that you contact the technician that installed the print heads and ask them to come back and make sure the cables were installed properly. Hope this helps.