• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll adhesive on back of styrene

10sacer

Hello all,

Looking for recommendations for Manufacturer/Product of a roll adhesive product that can be applied to back side of .020 styrene to make a poor man's temporary "decal" for multi location gym company. They don't want to use self-adhesive vinyl due to simple fact they can't rely on managers putting them up correctly/straight/without bubbles, etc. and don't want to pay to have someone who knows what they are doing to install them.

Have been using RemoTac and MultiTac from Drytac, but wanted to know if someone has other recommendations.
Doing it this way gives them a nice stiffer product that can be contour cut, if needed, and you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to put it on wall.

Thanks ahead of time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What kinda walls ?? Gyms usually have painted block walls, but not all of them. That might come into play.

10sacer

What kinda walls ?? Gyms usually have painted block walls, but not all of them. That might come into play.

Varies from location to location from painted concrete block to sealed smooth concrete to dry wall. Have been using MultiTac mounting adhesive from DryTac, but just wanted to see what else is out there other than mounting adhesives.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I'm using GF Concept 107 mounting film. Haven't had any issues with it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call Chemical Concepts here in HUNTINGDON VALLEY, PA at (800) 220-1966 and ask for Craig. He'll give ya so much information, your head will explode, but he'll fix ya up with the best stuff.

Snydo

I've used velcro dots for similar projects, 99% idiot-proof for install and you'd be surprised how well it holds up in non-kid environments.

Dan360

We used to use GBC DuraMount for stuff like this, VHB is easier and sticks better to odd surfaces.

SheBeau

Being in the Exhibit field, just about everything we apply is “temporary” so Hook & Loop is the way to go.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello all,

Looking for recommendations for Manufacturer/Product of a roll adhesive product that can be applied to back side of .020 styrene to make a poor man's temporary "decal" for multi location gym company. They don't want to use self-adhesive vinyl due to simple fact they can't rely on managers putting them up correctly/straight/without bubbles, etc. and don't want to pay to have someone who knows what they are doing to install them.

Have been using RemoTac and MultiTac from Drytac, but wanted to know if someone has other recommendations.
Doing it this way gives them a nice stiffer product that can be contour cut, if needed, and you don't need to be a rocket surgeon to put it on wall.

Thanks ahead of time.

You could always have them just mount XBase onto their walls, then you can assure them that installing vinyl prints will be a breeze.