• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roll stopped rotating, printed in same spot. Now not printing at all

amplified

Hey everyone. My Roland versacamm was printing perfect. It was printing a vinyl banner when it came to the end of the roll, the roll stopped moving so it kept printing in the same spot. When I saw it printing in the same spot after like 30seconds to maybe a minute. I paused and cancelled the job, loaded a new vinyl and tried to restart printing.

After it restarted the head is moving but there's no ink. I did a test print nothing at all. Did some powerful and medium cleans, soaked the cap top for 24 hours. Changed the captop. Still nothing. I'm freaking out here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

netsol

sounds like you blew a fuse, i suppose
if we accidently reach end of roll, we stop with an error.
i suppose this is what you get when the safety doesn't trip

amplified

Is this the fuse I need to replace? Do I switch out both?
PXL_20230610_151532165.jpg

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Bottom one looks to me like it's blown... Make sure it's unplugged for a while before you replace it, or when working on anything electrical, especially on a Roland. Power supply capacitors hold power for a while, and all the electronics are sensitive to voltage spikes. Use the same rated fuse, don't just throw something in it, those are fast blow to protect everything else. If it blows again when you plug it back in and power it on, stop right there, you have other issues that'll need to be repaired. When it hits the end of the roll and jams it puts a lot of strain on the feed motor, and could have also overheated something else... Hopefully all it did was trip this one, and this one didn't blow because it overloaded something else. Those fuses are common in electronic devices, if you don't have anywhere locally that stocks them you can order them from one of our merchant members, or even Amazon, and have them over-nighted.

amplified

Bottom one looks to me like it's blown... Make sure it's unplugged for a while before you replace it, or when working on anything electrical, especially on a Roland. Power supply capacitors hold power for a while, and all the electronics are sensitive to voltage spikes. Use the same rated fuse, don't just throw something in it, those are fast blow to protect everything else. If it blows again when you plug it back in and power it on, stop right there, you have other issues that'll need to be repaired. When it hits the end of the roll and jams it puts a lot of strain on the feed motor, and could have also overheated something else... Hopefully all it did was trip this one, and this one didn't blow because it overloaded something else. Those fuses are common in electronic devices, if you don't have anywhere locally that stocks them you can order them from one of our merchant members, or even Amazon, and have them over-nighted.
Thanks for your input. I'll try and pick up a fuse and update this post incase this happens to anyone else in the future.

Terry01

Those are not the printhead fuses. Those are your power supply fuses. Think the 300i only has one fuse in the middle of the mainboard for the printhead. Small white rectangular one.
Cant find any clear images of the 300i mainboard.

Last edited:

amplified

Damn. I don't see any small white rectangular ones on the mainboard. Do I need to solder a new one on? Or is it the type I can just remove and pop in a new one?

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
I had a feed motor error on my Roland VS640 and after a routine replacement of the motor, the print head would not fire any ink at all. This triggered the replacement of several different parts, printhead, fuses, cables, cable card, carriage board, main board, more fuses, etc, just to try and figure out what was wrong. After about $4000-$6000 in parts and no change in the way it was working, we gave up and sold it for parts. We now have a Mimaki.

damonCA21

If you have two fuses on the main board, it should be one for each head. You should still be getting some output from one of the heads if the fuse for that is testing fine.

amplified

Update: I switched out both of the fuses and everything is fine now. Thanks for everyone's input and help. You guys are money and lifesavers! Truly appreciate everyone's help. Just to recap for anyone who may have this problem. Switched out the captop, did a bunch of cleans did a 24/hr head soke and was going to change the dampers but because of these boards decided to change the printer head fuse and it worked!

Thanks again everyone.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
Update: I switched out both of the fuses and everything is fine now. Thanks for everyone's input and help. You guys are money and lifesavers! Truly appreciate everyone's help. Just to recap for anyone who may have this problem. Switched out the captop, did a bunch of cleans did a 24/hr head soke and was going to change the dampers but because of these boards decided to change the printer head fuse and it worked!

Thanks again everyone.
I know thats got to feel good.