• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rolnad EJ-640 Head

Peter1313

Hi

both heads were changed on Roland. One in January and the other in March. Now half head B is not printing at all. The service does not want to accept the claim that the heads only have a 6-month warranty.
Is it possible for the head to go bad in such a short period of time?

1665055949815.jpg
1664868798351.jpg

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
It's a little hard to tell, but are those dents or clear drops on the head photo? There is always the chance for a head to die early, but more times then not it's user inflicted, whether that be a head strike or improper maintenance. Not saying that the case here. I would make sure the fuse isn't blown, as well as make sure there is ink to the head. But returning to my original question, if those are dents, then that would explain why it's not working.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those look like dents on the head surface. Dents usually mean the head hit something hard like a screw or some other metal object and wouldn't be covered under warranty. Also, the standard warranty here in the US is only 90 days.

Peter1313

Those look like dents on the head surface. Dents usually mean the head hit something hard like a screw or some other metal object and wouldn't be covered under warranty. Also, the standard warranty here in the US is only 90 days.
He doesn't know what the head could have hit, then it would be visible on the other side as well. I think it's from the pressure damer , because that's why there are such dents

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
He doesn't know what the head could have hit, then it would be visible on the other side as well. I think it's from the pressure damer , because that's why there are such dents
I see a big dent on the other head that lines up with the other ones. It could have been something left on the platen like a screw or something. I'm not sure how the damper could cause physical damage to a head.

Peter1313

I don't think anything fell because the day before the machine was printing everything was fine. On the morning of the second day, during the first test, the nozzle on the B head did not work, and even Power full did not help.
I see a big dent on the other head that lines up with the other ones. It could have been something left on the platen like a screw or something. I'm not sure how the damper could cause physical damage to a head.

Peter1313

New news, I cleaned my head with a cleaner and the test is ok

but half the head falls out again when pressed

What could be wrong ?