• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Running two instances of Flexi

Rickey J

So,
I just upgraded my computer system and come to find out I can no longer run two instances of Flexi at the same time even if I own two licenses. Does anyone know a work around so I can continue to do so? I have a three monitor set up and now its a waste and I will not be as efficient. Flexi just doesn't know when to leave well enough alone. If feel that they take one step forward and two steps back.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I'm not sure I understand the issue. You want to run two instances of Flexi on the same computer so that you can use your multiple screen set up? Why not just run one Flexi and move whatever window you want to the other screens?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
It "should" work. I also have 2 instances of Flexi (latest version). You have to fully install it twice to two different folders using a different license for each instance for it to work. That's how it is working on mine anyways....

Rickey J

I'm not sure I understand the issue. You want to run two instances of Flexi on the same computer so that you can use your multiple screen set up? Why not just run one Flexi and move whatever window you want to the other screens?

It will not allow me to do so. Unless I am missing understanding what you mean.

shibby

It will not allow me to do so. Unless I am missing understanding what you mean.

I believe the intention here is to span the Application window across your multiple monitors, then have each document window span each individual monitor, or however you see fit. You wouldn't need two instances of the program open, but rather just expand the application, and suit the document windows interior to that.

Not sure if I clarified or made it more convoluted...

Rickey J

It "should" work. I also have 2 instances of Flexi (latest version). You have to fully install it twice to two different folders using a different license for each instance for it to work. That's how it is working on mine anyways....

Still no go with mine. I even have them installed on separate hard drives

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can't move a window to another screen if it is maximized. Try restoring down (not minimize) the window and drag it that way. Other than that, I'm stumped.

Techman

Why not just run one Flexi and move whatever window you want to the other screens?

Why not have two instances of the software running. Other software does it. Corel can have two separate instances going. One has one job, the other has another job. That one can copy parts of one onto the other.

My cad allows two instances running. Operating one one vector in one instance, then using parts from aother on the other instances. That way one can manipulate the art much easier than going from one page to anotherl.. Makes life so much easier.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What OS & version of Flexi are you running?
Under Win7 I can start Flexi8.6 and then right click the icon in the task bar and start another instance - one install - one key.
Not sure what it would do to the housekeeping having both run at the same time with Flexi being what it is.......

wayne k
guam usa

ChrisN

I used to be able to do this with FlexiDesigner Cloud (11) with a single license, until one of the last few updates came around. This is just one of the annoying Flexi bugs/idiosyncrasies I've ran into. For the price, you'd think it would be a bit more capable than what it is.:banghead:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
3 Instances of Flexi running all at once (2 on a 30" NEC and the far left one on a Cintiq). 2 right ones are Flexi 11 (Cloud SP6) and the left one is 8.6v2 ready to run some stuff on the Edge...... It can come in handy at times. Had to shrink the image down, I don't think the forums here will display a 3840x1600 desktop very well. lol

I'm not sure what's going on with your setup Ricky. I don't think its a Flexi issue though as even the most current version (as do older versions) can run multiple instances just fine as long as you have the licenses to do so. You have 2 difference instances installed, each with a separate license number. Can you run each of the two one at a time (not at the same time) to make sure each is functioning and using its separate license? I'm thinking it might be the licensing is somehow getting crossed up or something but it could also be something with Windows freaking out with both processes fighting for control or something. I'm really not sure though. Its always just worked for me.

Attachments

• 3flexi.jpg
    3flexi.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 121

Rickey J

What OS & version of Flexi are you running?
Under Win7 I can start Flexi8.6 and then right click the icon in the task bar and start another instance - one install - one key.
Not sure what it would do to the housekeeping having both run at the same time with Flexi being what it is.......

wayne k
guam usa

I am running the "CLOUD" version. (11 SP6 Build Number 2145 P1.1)