• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Runtime Error with Flexi Print

RatherDashing

I am trying to print with my HP Latex 115, and every time I hit send on Flexi19 to send the job to the printer and cutter, I get a runtime error. I had this back in December, and called Gansink and they helped me solve the problem quickly (so quickly, I thought I could remember the solution). Apparently Gansink is no longer in business, so I cannot go that route any more. I tried HP, but their tech had little to say. I have updated visual studio and run a sfc scan (as the HP tech told me to). I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and tried on a different computer. I have cleared the settings on the computer as well. I have isolated it to just the printer, as I can send the job to the cutter without a hitch. I'm at my whit's end. Any advice is most welcome.

Attachments

• Runtime error.png
    Runtime error.png
    335.2 KB · Views: 265
I am trying to print with my HP Latex 115, and every time I hit send on Flexi19 to send the job to the printer and cutter, I get a runtime error. I had this back in December, and called Gansink and they helped me solve the problem quickly (so quickly, I thought I could remember the solution). Apparently Gansink is no longer in business, so I cannot go that route any more. I tried HP, but their tech had little to say. I have updated visual studio and run a sfc scan (as the HP tech told me to). I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and tried on a different computer. I have cleared the settings on the computer as well. I have isolated it to just the printer, as I can send the job to the cutter without a hitch. I'm at my whit's end. Any advice is most welcome.
It appears from the screen grab that the printer is on a different IP range than the cutter (with completely different IP range for each). Generally, the IP range should be the same for the first two or three octets, with a unique number for each device in the last octet (PC/ printer/ cutter). 169.254 is typically the default range when a device is not picking up an address from a router (often using DHCP) or has been defined with a static address.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
No matter if it would or not, you should start by fixing that first. Don't use 169. *
You could for example have a duplicate address and run into issues.

netsol

the runtime error is a support library thing
you did not have a complete installation package, or someone sent you something that was never compiled

what was the origin or the install package?
perhaps someone extracted and didn't sent complete package, orbyhe wrong package (32 bit installer for
64 bit OS

RatherDashing

I downloaded the install package from SAi. Everything was working great the day before (and months of use), then the error hit out of the blue, and I haven't been able to print anymore. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on this machine, and two others, with win 10 and win 11 to see if that would help.

RatherDashing

In case anyone else has this problem, I found the solution, and I feel stupid. The problem is that Production Manager cannot handle the file size I was using. I didn't realize how large it was, and PM couldn't deal with 200 copies of it transferred to the printer. I'm doing it in 100 chunks instead.