• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RV vinyl removal

rydods

Member for quite some time.
OK guys. How do I remove this without pulling all of my hair out? It's the red strip with all of the cracks. Thanks!

Ryan

Attachments

• 2012-05-29_15-17-56_813.jpg
    2012-05-29_15-17-56_813.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 110

Mosh

Tell them to go to a body shop....When you are done with this job I bet you pass on the next one like it...unless you are hard up and need the cash for all those payments.

warlind

3m woodgrain and stripe remover. Just make sure you don't get any on the remaining decals.

+1 on don't do it unless you have/want to......Did my own and almost fired myself. :bushmill:

The "Ghost Off" did work for clean up on the rest of the coach.

k.a.s.

Any way you look at it, its gonna suck.

A vinyl zapper may work, or the steamer. Hope your charging by the hour.

Kevin

OldPaint

send it to a body shop......THIS IS WHAT THEY DO!!!! if they screw up the paint.....THEY KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!!! jobs like these WILL COST YOU in the end. either the person your doing this for is not happy with your work, or you tear up the paint so bad you need to repaint...........

J

john1

Solution....

Walk away from these jobs. Not worth the hassle unless you will get paid for the actual hours in it and it will be alot.

LarryB

Run as fast as you can. What happens if you damage the finish trying to remove it? Not worth the time or trouble. Send him down the road to a competitor.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
There are only 3 of these "swooshes" to remove and replace with new vinyl. (3 too many hey!!) :wink:
I priced the removal as high as the install of the vinyl. I've removed bad but not this bad and I know it's going to suck. I'll probably still end up loosing money but I guess I'll take the chance. It's not like it's the whole RV. I used a steamer on a pontoon that was pretty bad to say the least. Will probably use it again. It was a life saver on full strips but this is cracked everywhere.

Thanks Everybody!

J

john1

Be straight up "I charge $65 a hour and a job like this has no telling a exact amount so i will bill the exact time"

They will respect that or try it themselves then come back and pay you to do it.

cdiesel

Hourly. A couple weeks ago we removed a wrap with cut lettering underneath on a 53' trailer. Total removal bill was almost $5k.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Steamer followed by the "never to be recommended lubricated blade" trick if needed.
Minimal hair loss no paint damage if done correctly.

wayne k
guam usa

Stuckup

What suks is a full Wrap removal x 2 that is fully crazed. Last 2 days used a steamer, and a squeegee at 85 degress pushed into vinyl HARD and it took all vinyl off and half the glue. The Paint was soo CRAP (a respray that when vinyl was peeled it took paint) to use a metal scraper blade except 1 colour that would not give.

i helped remove a fleet of vans for the arizona lottery that had been on 8+ years it was so baked and cracked it took us at least 12 hours a van we used angle grinders with rubber vinyl off wheels if we didnt have those it would of been a nightmare! DE IDENTIFICATION SUCKS ANY WAY YA LOOK AT IT