• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help S3 Camera settings for chrome

SlikGRFX

We recently purchased an S3 Cam specifically for reading barcodes and reg marks on chrome and holographic vinyl. The engineer set up the cutter and got the cutter to successfully read a barcode on chrome vinyl.

Now we are on our own, it won’t read barcodes correctly. With barcodes we get a ‘incorrect length of barcode’ error and it won’t even see a square reg mark.

Could anyone share their cam settings or provide some tips.

Many thanks!

SlikGRFX

I’ll try creating a new camera profile, although that’s what the engineer did on the very media we are using.

Unfortunately printing white or yellow under cropmarks or reg marks in a different color isn’t really an option as all marks are added in onyx for our workflow.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I’ll try creating a new camera profile, although that’s what the engineer did on the very media we are using.

Unfortunately printing white or yellow under cropmarks or reg marks in a different color isn’t really an option as all marks are added in onyx for our workflow.
Have you tried using a plug-in for your design program instead?

netsol

call onyx tech support & open a ticket.
changing color SHOULD be possible

i would suggest adding a neutral density filter between lens & substrate, if it was me.

jerry369

Download the new version of GoSign 3.1.3 with the new firmware for S3 revision 14-3

The recognition of marks on chrome has been improved using the ProPack version of GoSign on TC

SlikGRFX

We did that. Updated everything. Running gosign pro pack. We got barcode recognition working with cam but had to revert to using opos for all reg mark jobs with media profiles in the cutter rather than camera profiles in gosign. There is some kind of issue with the camera which the engineer couldn’t really figure out. It’s still ongoing.