• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

S80600 Bandning

MichaelAlmand

Hello,

Wondering what is causing this (attached picture) to band on S80600. Nozzles are all fine printing on 8 pass not much better on 12 pass.

Thank you
Mike

Attachments

• s80600 banding-100.jpg
    s80600 banding-100.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 610

IndySignPro

Starts out fine and starts banding is a bigger issue. We had this with our S80600. There are about 5 different things that it could be. We were lucky and ours happened under warranty. They replaced about $10k in parts before it finally got fixed.... took 3 months and 5 total service calls. Has been fine ever since. (2 years)

MichaelAlmand

Starts out fine and starts banding is a bigger issue. We had this with our S80600. There are about 5 different things that it could be. We were lucky and ours happened under warranty. They replaced about $10k in parts before it finally got fixed.... took 3 months and 5 total service calls. Has been fine ever since. (2 years)
Ya, been fighting this, and they keep telling me to run it in 16 pass. Now it is out of warranty. Love everything else about the printer but if it can't print I won't be buying an Epson next.

swordguy3222

Only time I ever see this is with nozzle outs. Do a good manual clean, and double check that there is nothing that might be nicking the cyan or yellow area. I've had it where there was a small hair on media guide causing the issue, or something on the pre-spray pad. Nozzle check might look clean, but there might be one on the edge that might have been overlooked. One nozzle missing can be a pain for some colors, especially when it's really only 2 colors making it up.

a77

This looks like you did the media adjust without the takeup, then things get warm and you put the takeup, and get this type of banding.
Nozzle banding or ink starvation banding looks a bit different.
Just my experience.

greysquirrel

If using onyx, turn gutters on to ensure that a nozzle is not dropping. I have never performed a feed calibration while attached to TUR. Can you send a pic of the right media flange on the installed roll. Do you have that set correctly? If you load every roll of the same media, ie adhesive vine, you should not have to perform that many feed calibrations. When loading roll, make sure you push roll tightly on left flange, then I manually force right flange into other side. Then you have the grey tension flange. I will manually split that width in half bore seeing locking screw that holds right flange onto silver guide bar. Then use tensioner to bring grey flange flush with black.

yamaha581

I am having the same problems. Everything is fine at first and then it starts banding in the prints. Before I could just clean it and it would go away. Now it does this on the first print after I clean everything.

Attachments

• epson1.png
    epson1.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 211
  • epson2.png
    epson2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 309

IndySignPro

Ya, been fighting this, and they keep telling me to run it in 16 pass. Now it is out of warranty. Love everything else about the printer but if it can't print I won't be buying an Epson next.
Did this start while the machine was in warranty? If yes and it is documented with service or your vendor, they should still honor the warranty for the issue... or at least allow you to purchase the $4000 extended warranty.

IndySignPro

I am having the same problems. Everything is fine at first and then it starts banding in the prints. Before I could just clean it and it would go away. Now it does this on the first print after I clean everything.
The issue is multiple parts with feed calibration. They had to replace the feed motor, the alignment wheel, alignment wheel sensor, the media feed reel (on the back). First thing they did was replace the heads, and were very upset when it did it on the first print after. If you want to do a fun test, Print a 4ft ruler, with up to 1/4" markings. You will find that after about 21" the measurements are no longer accurate. This was the test I had to do to get them to realize it was not a media setting or file set up, or print head or onyx issue.

MichaelAlmand

I have to print in uni 12 pass or 16 pass. All nozzles are perfect....... What a piece of shit I will never purchase an Epson again. I am absolutely sick and tired of this bullshit!

No help at all from Epson, dealer etc...Stranded on a fucking island

IndySignPro

I have to print in uni 12 pass or 16 pass. All nozzles are perfect....... What a piece of shit I will never purchase an Epson again. I am absolutely sick and tired of this bullshit!

No help at all from Epson, dealer etc...Stranded on a fucking island
1) What rip software are you using?
2) Create a print file that is a ruler. Make it 4ft wide and 5ft deep. Markings every 1/4 inch. Have it set up like a T with the 5ft in the center. Calibrate your media settings before printing just to make sure everything is correct in the printer. Set your print settings to you desired in the rip software. I print everything on 8pass bi directional. Then print the ruler. Once it prints, measure it and see where if it stays accurate. My guess is it will no longer be accurate around 22 inches deep and keep getting worse as it goes. This will indicate that your feed calibration sensor is not functioning properly and you can show the service tech exactly what it is doing. If you measure and it is accurate over the entire 5 feet, then there is some other issue.
3) After 3 years of the Epson S80600, I bought a new Roland VG3-640 with Orange/Green inks. Absolutely flawless machine, but very slow compared to the S80600 when it is working perfectly.

swordguy3222

I have 3 80600, the only time I saw this sort of thing happen is if there is a fine hair somewhere near the head, or the damper needs replacing. You're loosing nozzles because ink refill can't keep up. I run everything on 6 or 8 pass, no issues. Also, I don't use Onyx rip, we use ColorGate, but rip should not be a factor in this issue.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The last time it happened to us, we just cleaned the hell out of it. several times.