• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sabre error message again

openwood

My sabre is not running again.This time the error message is y-encoder motor error.not sure what the problem is now.using my sabre alot more and seem to have alot of problems.:help:

any ideas what the problem is??

thanks

Brian

dennis j

Hi Brian,

Could it be related to the same problem that you had before I don't remember exactly what it was:help:

openwood

not sure Dennis.just replaced y axis lead screw.Install of part went very smooth and table was running great.

openwood

fixed???

Just got made and tried to shove the y axis forward.arm was all the way back.it moved maybe 1/4" forward.no error message anymore and table did orient.I thought i was told that the arm should move manually if you push it and that is not happening.I was very much encouraged by midwest sign supply and gerber to install the y-axis lead screw my self and if there is a problem I will not be happy.dont know what i could have done wrong???have not tried to run a file yet,I think this is just a temp fix and I feel i still have a problem.anyone have a service plan with their table?I got zero help from anyone because the table is 6 years old.and they are unable to send a tech in a reasonable amout of time.:help: :help:

Brian

Mike

Have you checked your bearings yet? Also sometimes your x axis lead screw could be bad and it will flash a y error. I have also had small pieces of material get stuck between the gantry and the rails

GraphXMagic

Check all your limit switches before you do anything else. Make sure they are not disconnected or broken. Then check if there is anything physically blocking the action of the motor. At the electrical cabinet there are two cables per axis. Try disconnecting the y cables for the motor and the encoder and swap with the x cables to see if the problem follows the swap. If it does follow then its the motor. You should get an x encoder error which means the motor.

GraphXMagic

By the by....if your gantry is not moving manually when you push it, then you definately have an obstruction somewhere...... most likely in the bushing that moves along the lead screw which means if you look at the lead screw the tephlon coating is frayed or gone and needs replacing. DO NOT GREASE YOUR LEAD SCREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Common error is to slap some grease down there when it actually hurts the operation.

openwood

table running good

I was told that the arm was to far back.during power up there is a check of all the motors and axis screws.the y axis turns back and if there is no place for it to go you will get an error message.overall the table is running good now.I am thinking about entering a service plan with gerber,but not sure which one yet.The table has been running alot more now.2-4 hours a day min.I have a feeling that more matainance will be needed.Business has taken off again and I am busy as ever.Going out to Columbus Ohio on the 17th and staying for 10 days to install the latest water park.I will try to post some photos when i get back.

Brian:signs101:

Typestries

had the same dreaded issue. Never really pinpointed which one solved it but it's gone now. Climb under the machine and remove the cover on the back side of the gantry opposite the motor. There might be a lot of dirt in there, the belt could have a cog missing or the pulley could be loose. Did all three plus the following-on the gantry on each side where it runs on the stainless rails really clean out under the gantry and inside the openings. not sure of gerbers approved method but we used air and were amazed at the chips that came out. Error went away after that.

Also found out the hard way that these machines work differently in dry winter air. Esp when cutting PVC. Static discharges do strange things. Gerber suggested a #12 or #10 ground wire from the tower to an earth ground. That helped remove some random errors especially in the winter dry air.

Good luck