• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SAI Enroute and Windows 11?

Hello All -

Just upgraded our PC for our Multicam Router and we are having issues with Enroute not working on windows 11. Anyone else having this issue? I'm surprised a company who builds a windows based software program hasn't made it compatible with the most recent version of windows... Is there something I need to to do make it work with windows 11 that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any help.

netsol

Hello All -

Just upgraded our PC for our Multicam Router and we are having issues with Enroute not working on windows 11. Anyone else having this issue? I'm surprised a company who builds a windows based software program hasn't made it compatible with the most recent version of windows... Is there something I need to to do make it work with windows 11 that I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any help.
you know, there is a lot to do, making a new operating system work with your product...

microsoft is notorious for not getting the final beta out to manufacturers, before release.

there are tons of issues with windows 11, many of which microsoft is telling channel partners there is NO RESOLUTION FOR , at this time

WildWestDesigns

you know, there is a lot to do, making a new operating system work with your product...

microsoft is notorious for not getting the final beta out to manufacturers, before release.

Given the fact that Windows is in perpetual beta (rolling release schedule and forced at that) and there are no internal QA team at MS anymore, it is even more incumbent on the vendor to provide the best support that it can on Windows (or whatever their support platform is).

Of course, they still chose to support the platform that they did, so some blame is to be levied at them as well.

Now, I am surprised that people want to upgrade as quickly as they do to the next system. Windows 10 is still supported until 2025, that would be plenty of time for software OEM's to work out their kinks. People just need to wait.

This is precisely why I don't like rolling release, always on the latest and greatest in a production environment that has "mission critical" infrastructure to have to deal with.

there are tons of issues with windows 11, many of which microsoft is telling channel partners there is NO RESOLUTION FOR , at this time
I think this is where having an internal QA team would be a good thing to have. They can certainly afford to have one compared to other OEMs, but who knows.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try running as administrator and in compatibility mode. . . . . if Windows 11 still has those things.

Scotchbrite

No comment
FWIW, we are running a computer on Windows XP so that we can continue using the original version of Enroute software we have.

WildWestDesigns

Try running as administrator and in compatibility mode. . . . . if Windows 11 still has those things.
From a computer security standpoint, this is a huge no-no (running as admin). I realize with some programs that is a work around, one that shouldn't exist if it was properly written for normal day to day activities. Running as su should only be for certain tasks. This would be a no no for me for any current day program for just running the program as normal. Now, if this a legacy version, that's something else.

I will say this (and this is a no no for MS), the first account that one creates is the admin account, so if one is only using a single account computer, already running as admin (hopefully atleast the user has a password).

Compatibility mode is fine, but that too will only be so limited. But that doesn't have the implications as running a program as su does (this is what gets people into a lot of trouble with Office macros as well). This may solve the issue unfortunately, but it isn't a good thing in the long run.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Is your version of EnRoute the "latest"? If I recall, the literature I saw at the ISA show in Atlanta last year said that 2022's was the first version of EnRoute that was "certified" to work with Windows 11.

Last edited:

untitled

Go to the program files and see if there is a 32-bit executable there that you can run instead of the 64-bit. I'm willing to bet the 64-bit version won't work, but the 32-bit version will.

File path should be something like this if it hasn't been changed ---> C:\Program Files\SAi\"Enroute". Then there should be a Enroute 32-bit and Enroute 64-bit. (I don't have Enroute so I'm not sure exactly the names/file path)