• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sales People are Annoying and Evil!!!

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Nope. Not True.

A good sales person is simply a connector. Bringing solutions to problems and connecting people together.

Sure, you can over do it, but most of the people I know don't. You don't do it enough. Many of you reading this are so worried that a phone call or email will bother someone, and in your worry, you forget how to apply solutions to their problems. People NEED signs. This is not an optional industry.

Get out there and sell. Solve your customer's problems, and charge them for the time and resources it took. I am happy to cut a check to our electrician, our material suppliers, our mechanic, and UPS. They all provide solutions to FireSprint, and they all have good salespeople that keep everything running.

I submit that sales is the most important job there is. Without it, no one else has the work to start on. If you're a one man shop, be a salesperson first, and a production manager second. You can sub out bookkeeping, HR, delivery, IT, installation, printing, cutting, and production, but not sales.

ikarasu

I dont know. The 5 phone calls I get from each sales person asking me when their product they just wrote up an order from that same morning will leave the building because it's rush is pretty annoying and evil in my eyes!

And then the follow up call asking why the order they put in 2 days ago that was due today, ended up not going out (Because we pushed it for their rush job!) is even more annoying and evil... :p

I kid. love our sales reps! So long as youre not pushy (One vendor calls me daily...) sales reps are an asset.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Sales reps that respect your time and are resources for information are invaluable. People will buy from them to keep them around. You have to make yourself the person to call for questions.
Most are just terrible at their job and dont even know their own product line let alone the industry they sell to. Thats annoying and makes it tough for the good ones.

Billct2

Big difference between a sales rep for one of my regular vendors or one who's selling me something for my industry and those hundreds of unsolicited calls and the few walk ins selling crap nobody wants

rjssigns

Sales reps are overrated. One of my clients has a PO system that generates big orders by itself and sends them to me.:D

Called them once I figured out orders were repeats with additional items.

When I called they said they were having lots of issues with phantom PO's.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Nope. Not True.

A good sales person is simply a connector. Bringing solutions to problems and connecting people together.

Sure, you can over do it, but most of the people I know don't. You don't do it enough. Many of you reading this are so worried that a phone call or email will bother someone, and in your worry, you forget how to apply solutions to their problems. People NEED signs. This is not an optional industry.

Get out there and sell. Solve your customer's problems, and charge them for the time and resources it took. I am happy to cut a check to our electrician, our material suppliers, our mechanic, and UPS. They all provide solutions to FireSprint, and they all have good salespeople that keep everything running.

I submit that sales is the most important job there is. Without it, no one else has the work to start on. If you're a one man shop, be a salesperson first, and a production manager second. You can sub out bookkeeping, HR, delivery, IT, installation, printing, cutting, and production, but not sales.
You can sub out for drawings and design too....