• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Samsung Galaxy Tab Opinions

Kevin-shopVOX

i rooted a nook with the cyanogen rom on it...worked decent..not much faster than my rooted samsung epic. in fact i think the phone is faster with the rom I'm currently running. I think any tablet is awesome thought..i have an ipad2 and it kicks a$$. I have my marketing portfolio, point of sale, email and much more all tethered to my phone data plan...works great!

sbtdover

Which devices would those be?? Netflix told me it wasn't available on any droid devices that they were just now working on Iphone streaming and even that wasn't going to be ready for months. Would you mind sharing which devices?? I can't find anything in the market from netflix.
i have the droid incredible and netflix is available for it and works extremely well on it.

Jim Doggett

Tablets seem cool, but are limited and approach the size of a laptop, IMO. So I have an Android phone, Kindle for books and a laptop for browsing/whatever. Tabs may become a must-have, but part of me thinks them a faddish sort of thing.

My $0.02

David Wright

i rooted a nook with the cyanogen rom on it...worked decent..not much faster than my rooted samsung epic. in fact i think the phone is faster with the rom I'm currently running. I think any tablet is awesome thought..i have an ipad2 and it kicks a$$. I have my marketing portfolio, point of sale, email and much more all tethered to my phone data plan...works great!

I wish I could tether it to my phone, but AT&T wants another 20 bucks for that.

Jim Doggett may be partially right. Not a fad but definitely not a replacement for a real laptop or desktop. Mine is great for notes, estimates browsing the web. Also appointments and tasks.

Nothing on it comes close to real design software or power.

signswi

Seriously guys just google Netflix on Android and you'll get 300 pages telling you how to install the Netflix APK on any Android phone (2.2+ works best).

CanuckSigns

why anyone would want to watch a movie on a phone or tablet is beyond me, I tried it once with my ipod touch when i was on a flight and it was horrible!

Stealth Ryder

Took my Galaxy Tab with me on a trip this week.... It proved to be very entertaining on the long flight there and back, battery life is amazing... Used it for all e-mail, checking in for flights and general web surfing... It is much smaller than my laptop and effectively substitues for the laptop in all areas except when I need to connect to a printer while working, making it just another device I haul thru airports... I will keep it because of the entertainment value (watching movies) and the exceptional battery life... Money well spent in my opinion even if it is just a "Man Toy"...

Kevin-shopVOX

I wish I could tether it to my phone, but AT&T wants another 20 bucks for that.

Jim Doggett may be partially right. Not a fad but definitely not a replacement for a real laptop or desktop. Mine is great for notes, estimates browsing the web. Also appointments and tasks.

Nothing on it comes close to real design software or power.

Root your phone and the tether is free.

saktrnch

After lugging my laptop around Washington DC and subways last week in the heat, I'm ready to shop for a tablet. I'm kind of interested in the Toshiba that is coming out soon, but looking at all of them. I want a card reader, be able to use an external keyboard, and battery life. And I hope they work in the cold so I can so I can use it to check trail cams next fall and winter.
I asked Quickbooks if they had a tablet edition out and they said "not yet" so I'm thinking they must be working on it.
Netflix runs on my X, but I'm running 2.3 on it.