• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sc540ex part out

Alphonso

I have an old sc540ex (still working but bad printing) that I'm thinking of dismantling. There's still a few good head and would like to know if there is a special fluid to inject so they can sit for a few months. I can flush them with washing fluid but it will dry... I also have an xc540 working fine and they would be backup part for it.

Attachments

• PXL_20221230_164157324.jpg
    PXL_20221230_164157324.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 157
  • PXL_20221230_164310862.jpg
    PXL_20221230_164310862.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 62

netsol

the manufacturers use a "transport liquid " or storage liquid, but the head is tested with aqueous inks
there is no guarantee that at least a few piezo's will not stick, open or shut regardless of how the head is flushed.

what i do (at my own risk) is flush the printhead with the chinese knockoff of the print head doctor & then, take a 1qt pyrex with airtight rubber lid

i tie a few stainless steel nuts together to make standoffs, set the head on top of these, and fill the container with cleaning fluid or flush, so the printhead surface (the part you clean) is "under water" by about 1/8" or so, but the electronics are not. then fill the nipples on the manifold with flush as well

i top off the fluid as needed

Alphonso

I will try to sell it as is since someone could repair it easily. I would really like to find the famous transport liquid but your solution is a simple way to keep them "wet".

Envoyé de mon Pixel 6 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

DL Signs

Never go against the family
With Rolands, not sure if it's the proper way, but couldn't you load them up with cleaning cartridges and use them to flush and pump out all the ink for longer term storage?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can just flush the system with the cleaning solution as DL Signs signs mentioned. I can't remember what it's called on Roland machines but there should be some sort of discharge and flush function. It empties out the flush afterward so you just have empty lines. It can sit like that for a long time.