• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SCAM company miamisignssupply.com

markdarian

The company that owns miamisignsupply is MSS Technologies, LLC.

They filed for dissolution 7 months ago, and they're currently listed as inactive.

Unfortunately I don't think you're getting your money back realsignguy.

chafro

Hello, still no refund and no print heads.

They actually told me to delete this thread and maybe they will refund me. MAYBE

LOL

miamisignssuply.com

miami signs supply

MJ-507

Master of my domain.
Hello, still no refund and no print heads.

They actually told me to delete this thread and maybe they will refund me. MAYBE

LOL

miamisignssuply.com

miami signs supply
I'm no legal expert, I would think you could find a lawyer who will work on a contingency basis and file suit against them. After three years - and them still being in touch with you - you certainly have grounds for suing them and, with a lawyer working on contingency, there won't be many costs involved unless you win.

T Nichols

Bump again. Still nothing, these guys are a bunch of thieves.
In Florida:
It is grand theft of the third degree and a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the property stolen is:
1. Valued at $750 or more, but less than $5,000.
2. Valued at $5,000 or more, but less than $10,000.
3. Valued at $10,000 or more, but less than $20,000.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
In Florida:
It is grand theft of the third degree and a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if the property stolen is:
1. Valued at $750 or more, but less than $5,000.
2. Valued at $5,000 or more, but less than $10,000.
3. Valued at $10,000 or more, but less than $20,000.
File a complain with the states attorneys office. You can do it right online

mbasch

It is a scam. Their address isn't legit. They have 2 on their website. 1 is non-existent. The other is a shared workspace. Sorry it happened to you. Probably an overseas operation using bogus address to add legitimacy.

JamesLam

With all of the scam calls, IRS, Canada Revenue, duct cleaning, "we have got an outstanding warrant for your arrest", etc., I am surprised how more and more people turn out to be dirt-bags.

A really frustrating aspect of this is that we have created a system (internet) that promotes this type of behaviour where it's all about the sale (get the money) not about providing a service.

As mentioned by others use a cc. If you file a legitimate complaint with your provider in most cases they can provide a refund.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've been in the printer parts selling business for over 13 years and have picked up some signs that a site is a scam.

1. They are located in Indonesia. I don't want to generalize but I've never heard of anyone actually getting their parts when they use an Indonesian site.
2. They are located in Doral Florida. Doral is home to many shipping forwarders / shared business spaces where it's easy to setup a fake "legitimate" location.
3. The price is too good to be true. If everyone else has them for $2000 and this person is selling them for $100, that should raise alarms.
4. Their pictures are stolen from another site. If you see the same picture across multiple sites, it's usually because they don't have the parts to take pictures of and therefore don't have the parts to send to you in the first place.
5. There is no phone number and/or no one answers the phone when you call.
6. They have generic reviews. No one would ever say, "This is the best printhead I've ever used" but for some reason I see reviews like that all over the place. They are obviously fake.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I feel like this alone should be enough to raise an alarm! It's not like one dealer out there magically gets a 90% discount on printer parts lol.

This just happened to me, but in a rather different way. Power washer went out over the weekend while using it. Went to home depot and bought a dewalt and it was the most expensive one there. Got it home and found out it was an expensive piece of crap. Took it back and did some more research on these things. Found one I liked at TSC. Called them and they explained all my questions. I was happy. Went out after work and they had 5 or 6 in stock, but one box was marked about $175 cheaper than the others. All the numbers were the same. The box and the pictures all looked the same. Everything was good to go. So, I took it up front and asked the guy why this particular one was cheaper. Scratching his head, he said, I dunno. Then, he saw a little sticker on it saying box includes washer... only. No hose, no oil, no handle, no wand, no tips..... nada. I said, no wonder it's cheaper, so I exchanged it and got the right one. There's always gonna BE a reason for something inexplicably coming down in price.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It hasn't changed. Thing is though, the people working there now, can't do a thing without their phone. When I went there originally for my first washer, I asked the greeter where the pressure washers were. He looked at me and said, siiew fkejf qw effurg, riefeiufa ofo biwsdpkrer-erpginsa. Then, he pointed to some girl. Guess his english was a little lacking. They don't know a frickin' thing and don't give a sh!t about it, either.