• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scam-Harlan Hales is back

Megan Burkhardt

Here's a "new" email address I got - just putting it out there if it helps anyone.
Harlan Hales <customers415@gmail.com>
Good day,
My name is Harlan Hales. I would like to place an order on Vinyl banners.
size: 32" x 60" Finished
Qty 100 13oz. scrim banner
There should be 8 grommets 4 in the top and 4 in the bottom. Attached is the art work.
Also let me know the form of Payment you Accept, as well as if I am making this order with the Manager or Owner.
What's the eta on how long it will take to be ready once I make payment?
I will be awaiting your response back the soonest.

Thank You.

Harlan Hales

mkmie

Lost Soul
My client whom I thanked for the donuts a week ago damn near pulled the trigger with me on 200 banners for this scam! I talked him down off the ledge...lol
Same here. Wholesale customer wouldn't believe me at first. Took 30 minutes to get it through his head that it's an old scam.

nickelartistic

I just received the same scam this morning. " Harlen Hale " wanted 100 banners - 32" x 60" with that HIV / AIDS artwork on 13 oz scrim vinyl. I don't make banners on site so I spent some time looking for a company that can make 100 units for me at a fair price. After several emails back and fourth he decides to change the amount he wants to 200 banners and does not care about the price I quoted him , I decided to google the phone number attached to the email and it turns out this is a scam.

I am new to this website. I was wondering if one of you can help me. I work with my father in his interior sign shop ( small business), we have been getting some orders for these type of table top signs but we dont know how to bend the styrene material. I have added a picture I got from a website online that sells them, we have styrene sheets of all sizes and a UV flat bed printer but we dont know how we could bend this material like that. We looked into scoring the styrene but I don't think that is what they are doing, it seems like they are heat pressing it somehow to create that shape. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Agree with others, if you want to get more responses on this start a new thread, but to answer your question, we built an angled jig that we can slide our styrene/pvc into. We heat along the edge with a heat gun and as it softens we bend to the angle of the jig. The heat gun isn't great at getting a consistant heat, but after practicing on a few I've gotten really good at getting a nice clean bend. A heat strip would definitely help if I was doing these all of the time.

Dale D

The latest email he used sent to me this morning.....
Harlan Hales <johnwatkins2213@gmail.com>
cleardot.gif
9:11 AM (1 hour ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Good day,

There should be 8 grommets 4 in the top and 4 in the bottom. Attached is the art work.
Also let me know the form of Payment you Accept, as well as if I am making this order with the Manager or Owner.

Thank You.
Harlan Hales

elliott

Just got an email from this low life.

Thanks for having this information available for us to reference and double check suspicious orders.

Sign Pro Salina

We just received his email this morning. Seems this type of scam has been going on for a few years. We've received previous emails that sound very similar to this. Too many red flags to be real.

Attachments

• HARLAN HALES EMAIL.jpg
    HARLAN HALES EMAIL.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 193

Dawiid

$69,420.69? Isn't it too much for this businessman, lol? I wonder if this guy exists because this situation makes me sick. You know, I'm so tired of receiving these scam messages all the time. I tried to change my e-mail address several times but still can't avoid such scam offers. Fortunately, my friend worked as a digital security engineer and advised me to use modern anti-fraud solutions to solve this problem. I've read additional information about these products at https://covery.ai/products/kyc and must admit that they look very promising. I hope that these products will help protect my own business from fraud.

Last edited:

Dale D

Well, it looks like he changed his name and continuing to ask for orders...........

Good day,

My name is Daniel Thomas . I would like to place an order on Vinyl banners.

Thank You.
Daniel Thomas
upload_2021-4-5_13-48-1.png
This is the email it said it came from... dthoma126@gmail.com

acarroca

Hi guys! I have a printing shop in Toronto - Canada ( https://www.dundasprint.com ) and I have received the same message!!! Even the artwork is the same!
I have asked the guy to pay upfront for the printing and then for the shipping, when is everything packed and ready for shipping.
Never answered. I am assured that it is a scam. Be careful.

adex

I just got that exact same email today and he only wants 100 banners today. Must be because of the pandemic that's he's cut it back from the original 200. He also sent a pdf of the same artwork. I've got a little ad agency in Hollywood Florida. It's amazing that the same scam is still going around. There must be a lot of people that fall for this otherwise he'd quit doing it. Also, I see he's trying to scam people all over North America.

Last edited:

shapinginsanity

Just got one this morning ! "

Thank You.
Harlan Hales"

Thought it sounded weird so found this thread thankfully. The banner was yellow and had "Lets all come together and walk healthy"

Joe Giral

We have received a number of variant email requests just like this one.
The give-away (besides the halted english) is that the email is usually a very 1950s sounding name followed by 2-3 numbers -at-gmail.com

We use a 'boilerplate' reply form that states that first time overseas orders MUST ship to the credit card holder's address.
We usually don't hear back after that 'test'

Here is another scam going around right now. In this one they call first using an app that makes it look like they are the real Ron Silva Realty. I know because I was suspicious that someone in California would place an order in Virginia so I called the realtor. They said this has been happening for a while but restarted recently. Once they get your attention they send the following email:

Good Day ,

Thanks for the phone call, , Please bellow is what i will be needing.

Product Details :
Material : Alluminum
Color : Black on White
Thickness : 080
ARTWORK : Welcome To Ron Silva Realty Inc
SIZE : 4ft / 4ft
QTY : 30

Front and Back -Please email me back with the Total Quote of 30 Pieces plus tax as well as the method of payment you do accept..so that i will proceed full Payment right now and also also add your contact details.

Thanks

Company Name : Ron Silva Realty Inc
Email : ronsilvarealty@workmail.com
Phone cell # :(559) 354-8743
Hours of Operation:
Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, Sat -Sun 8am-12:30pm
Payment Methods: AMEX, DEBIT, DISCOVER, MASTER

Brian46

He's back LOL
Subject:Flyers Request.

Good day,

My name is Harlan Hales. I would like to place an order on Flyers size: 8.5''x11'' in full copies and should be printed double sided. I will be printing Qty of 100,000 copies.

Also let me know the form of Payment you Accept, as well as if I am making this order with the Manager or Owner. What's the eta on how long it will take to be ready once I make payment? I will be awaiting your response back the soonest.

Thank You.
Harlan Hales