• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scanners

stickygraphics12

I talked to a customer today that wanted me to scan in his logo and reproduce his stickers he sells to clients at his vehicle store? He said another guy told him all he would need would be the sticker and use his scanner to scan in the logo and he would be able to print it? Does anyone know of a scanner that would be good enough to scan in to my computer & import it into Flexi and print it? I have an older scanner that never gives a good enough quality to use for a print so i usually turn a customer away that wants a scan done? Pleae help! THANK YOU!

QuickSignsSA

First of all, does he have the rights to the particular logo. How come he does not have the raw files of this particular logo, if after all, it is HIS logo...

Seems like a red flag to me...

ChiknNutz

Most any reasonably new scanner would likely be more than adequate, providing the decal is not larger than the scanner (then you'd have to tile it).

stickygraphics12

Quicksign - it is his logo for his business. I told him that i wanted him to get the disk from the person he used to use. I told him the person had to release the rights to it for me to use it. I have had a couple people ask me to scan something they had more than a few times before and have always turned them away. I was just seeing if there are scanners that are capable of producing a picture that would give me a good quality print

stickygraphics12

So if i just buy a $120 epson scanner would that be good enough to scan a file into flexi and print? I guess thats really my main question to figure out whether i should buy one or not

Pat Whatley

So if i just buy a $120 epson scanner would that be good enough to scan a file into flexi and print? I guess thats really my main question to figure out whether i should buy one or not
Yes. Scanners today are light years ahead of where they used to be. Our $60 printer/scanner combo is better than the $1500 scanner we bought 10 years ago. If you're just wanting to scan a decal and print it you'll be perfectly happy with an Epson.

GB2

Old Member
I've been considering the purchase of another multi-function printer recently and the Brother models have caught my attention because they can scan and print ledger size 11" x 17". It seems like a very nice model but does anyone have any first hand experience with Brother products?

OldPaint

my opinion of brothers...is it right up ther with the chinese plotters....sooooooo do what you want.
iam old school when it comes to havin all 3 in one machines.
i got a HP K850, thats for printing up to 13" x 19".
i got a canon scanner that is separate and also does copies. the wifes set up is a canon pixima 4000 printer and a MICROTEK 4800 X 4800 dpi, scanner that will scan 35mm, 2.25", flim negatives and you can print pictures of that negative. now that one will scan and you can PRINT IT...and never know it was a scan.

Sign Works

You might just be suprised what you can accomplish with a scanner. I scanned a 6" printed image out of an auto parts magazine with my Microtek 5600 scanner, took the image into Photoshop and enlarged to approx 67" along with some additional color adjustments & enhancements then printed the decal on my Roland PC-600, it is the grill on this race car.

Attachments

• 800.jpg
    800.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 116

Alphonse43

I'm with Oldpaint, combinations are not the way to go. In the past I have owned both a Brother Fax and a Brother Printer, and had problems with both, maybe they have improved since then, but I'm now no longer a Brother fan.
Alphonse43

coyote

I've been playing with my new Epson V500 Photo scanner all day....day off, of course. It's addictive. Just learning how to do use it-restoring my sister's wedding photos. It has descreening capability which is great if you have to scan halftones. It gets rid of the moire pattern pretty well. At under $200, I thought it pretty inexpensive.
C

rollerchicken

Gotta agree with OP about Brothers. I have a combo unit here at work and it sucks. Doesn't work half the time. I have an Epson 3490 scanner that works very well. I have an Epson Stylus printer/scanner combo at home and that works pretty well for both.