• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scissor lift on slope

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why is it, when we have a kinda basic question and basically 100% agreement, the OP doesn't return ??

That's a death wish. The 4 wheels need to be on concrete or good asphalt and touching the ground. Not saying I wouldn't do it but I'd never ask anyone els

It was what I call a 'leaning experience.'

Can confirm a craftsman mower key will unlock a harbor freight trailer lock.
what a coincidence, 2 of our guys are out in the field installing canned letters to a new building. They are using an 80' up all terrain articulating boom lift. Harnessed in of course.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Why is it, when we have a kinda basic question and basically 100% agreement, the OP doesn't return ??
Why is it when people know something is wrong or dangerous, they ask the question as if the answers they get will somehow remove the danger that they already discovered.

Johnny Best

Yea, the OP left us hanging...

Attachments

• hanging.jpg
    hanging.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 155

DStanworth

Stanworth Sign
So I’ve gotta paint a sign about 25 feet up a wall thats in a driveway. They got me a scissor lift but it’s on a slight incline. I was thinking of throwing down a couple pieces of plywood or some of those ramps they have for cars. Any suggestions? Couldn’t need more then maybe 5 inches or so. It’s not much of an incline but when you’re up there you can feel it

Damnitgabe

You all thought I was dead huh?! Thanks for all the feedback I do appreciate it. I meant to reply but too busy on this job. So I used the sheets of plywood to level it out and was good for the most part it wasn’t much of a slope for reals. Buuut I didn’t wanna risk it doing the top part so I took responsibility for the mistake of not requesting something better fitting for the job and told the client I’d pay for the delivery, so I’m waiting for it today and I get a call that the delivery driver crashed so it won’t come till tomorrow. For the inconvenience they’re not charging me for delivery and giving me half off the rental.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You all thought I was dead huh?! Thanks for all the feedback I do appreciate it. I meant to reply but too busy on this job. So I used the sheets of plywood to level it out and was good for the most part it wasn’t much of a slope for reals. Buuut I didn’t wanna risk it doing the top part so I took responsibility for the mistake of not requesting something better fitting for the job and told the client I’d pay for the delivery, so I’m waiting for it today and I get a call that the delivery driver crashed so it won’t come till tomorrow. For the inconvenience they’re not charging me for delivery and giving me half off the rental.
I'm not superstitious, but if the truck delivering my bloom lift crashed on the way I'd think about renting from someone else. 'Final Destination' .......

Damnitgabe

49B162F2-474A-490A-A335-FFB81D4BC6DA.jpeg
all that for this silly lookin thing. Just to make clear this was not my design/layout in any way shape or form. I just did exactly what the client requested. My idea looked good.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The art makes me cringe a little. Well done on the execution. Looks good (for what it is) :)

Forty One

Don't you guys need a ticket (license) for operating one of these in the states?
In Australia, we do and if you had a ticket, you would already know the answer to your own question

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Don't you guys need a ticket (license) for operating one of these in the states?
In Australia, we do and if you had a ticket, you would already know the answer to your own question
No tickets or licenses needed to rent, but if you use it on a location that has a safety manager they may want a copy of the safety training certificate. I think anyone using equipment should at least take a quick safety course before jumping in it.

Dingman

Gotta Chime in. I would not even entertain the idea of shoring up the Scissor lift to make it "Level". Get the correct machine for the job.
The song from TikTOK comes to mind... you know the one that has the words "OSHA Violation" in it.

Stay Safe.