• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scratch and Kink Free Posters

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Well... now thats tricky! It was Rite media from All graphics supplies. Then Spicers bought AGS, and rebranded it.

https://allgraphicsuppliescaribbean.com/products/rite-media-paper-9-mil - I'm pretty sure its some cheap chinese stuff... but it works.

https://nekoosa.com/products/synaps-om Nekoosa Makes Synaps - It only lists latex, but it could be worth a try.

Call your supplier and ask them to track down a solvent printable Synthetic paper - Theyre getting pretty popular. We've done everything from hang tags, to screen printed don't leave your food out or the bears will eat you papers for our provinces camp sites. You cant tear it with your hands, its water proof, obviously it'll crinkle if you roll it into a ball or something, but its way, way more durable than paper... it's great stuff!
Thanks, the synaps stuff looks interesting even if I can't print directly - it might work as a backer for the shelf talkers we do.

ikarasu

Nekoosa is pretty good, you can request a sample on their website and they'll send you a 30" x 10 FT roll for free. No limits either, I requested a roll of everything they have and got it within a week...

they sell a toner / laser compatible one for xerox too. I think Synapse is the premium brand, so no idea on its pricing... but whenever we get a RFQ For synthetic papers, synapse is what they list as the spec.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
+1 for the nekoosa stuff. It's really nice to run something like business cards on, since they can be washed and still legible. They also offer some neat overlaminates. In fact I recommended synaps earlier in the thread!
gotta be able to write on a business card

Johnny Best

JBurton has a scratch and sniff business card, remember how he lost a big bank job using the word "gay" for everything and the customer was gay. The guy is not the brightest crayon in the box.

Superior_Adam

But it still kinks during handling.

Lamination is probably our best bet and would pay for itself.
Anything can kink or crease. Its all in how it handled. I print rolls at a time and run them through our Zund to cut them down and don't have any issues with kinks.