• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Scratches during printing on GERBER 1 + FLEXISIGN

petit

HY

I own an oll GREBER 1 from a few days and i'm trying to print corectly with flexi, but but I still have the same problem of print scratches regardless of the setting made in FLEXI, I have been using the Gerber for a short time, I have a SUMMA DC4 and when I encountered this problem I lowered the intensity of the head of impression but on the gerber I do not see which setting to change. I have the overprint at 15, firing 6, pressure 1150, Perios (uS) 1200, pressure cal 0, all sensors on off, checksum off, Th limit 60 (C), Th table default,
Can someone using the gerber with flexi or other rip tell me what setting should I change to no longer get these scratches?
Would be great
thks for watching

Attachments

• 1673451966720.jpg
    1673451966720.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Browner

To me, that doesn't look like scratches. Looks like what happens when the foil gets "wrinkled" before/during the print process. Does it happen on all your foils? Or just this red one?

Your settings look fine.

Joe House

Do all your testing with Gerber 220 or 225 vinyl and a Gerber foil. Chris is right, that's not scratching and default settings should work fine if you've got default materials. If you have access to Omega software, try printing from that and see if you get the same results.

Good Luck

ego198

hi, my 5 cent, to me that does not like a setting or foil problem, it does like a vinyl problem, maybe vinyl is not well is dirty or it is scratched, something like that but not a setting or foil problem, please check with other vinyl and please clean it well before printing to see results and compare..good luck..it seems something you could beat it for sure, dont worry too much.

GMcCcormick

Old Gerber 2 owner, in fact I still have one. It is definetly BOTH. The wrinkles are from the foil not being tight but the spotty portions (left of the wrinkles) are lack of adhesion. In your case I would make sure your foils are wound tight and try cleaning your vinyl with denatured alcohol prior to printing to see if it helps with your substrate. It might not help since I'm guessing you are working with old machine and old material...idk. Hope this helps whatever the case maybe.

petit

Update
I've tried with another vinyl (new roll) and the problem is still there, i have also tried with another Gerber that i have (1st model) and get the same problems. It's like the printhead seems to hot. With the DC4 when the foil scratches i reduce the Density or undo the Overlap or the vinyl is not compatible with the SUMMA. With the Gerber the vinyl is new from Substance and made for these printers. Maybe it's in Flexi, the gerber color icc is on but i think there are setups to make. I don't have and can't find right now OMEGA to run with it. Thks