• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerilla Signs

I know this may sound lame but when FedEx jumped into bed with Kinko's I stopped using them both. UPS and USPS have been just fine for me.

Here in my area the UPS store is printing everything from banners to wraps. They do not install but they are competing for the business.

HulkSmash

For those who don't know.. 3M owns several other companies like this

Vomela. They are located in St. Paul and they supply the RV industry with graphics, They also are 3M's go to vinyl company. Hence owning them. They also were responsible for the entire Delta Airlines change over from Northwest.

Motorsports Designs as of a few years ago. They wanted to be a major player in the Nascar Industry and they bought them. Motorsports Designs basically produces all nascar and ALL flw boat wraps.

Harbor graphics Graphics in Indiana. They acquired them because Harbour does a lot of government work because of minority.

And of course original wraps.

Any guess who's next? My guess is Lowen. :)

LenR

"Here in my area the UPS store is printing everything from banners to wraps. They do not install but they are competing for the business."

CHIT!

Bly

I can abide with a couple of my suppliers offering print services.
I don't like it and try and avoid putting too much money through them though.

What stinks about this case is locking independent shops out of work but the worst thing is lowballing. You kind of expect it from some quarters but from a company with a profile like 3M you have to wonder why the f they are bothering.

Sounds like a good enough reason to not buy their products.

seesaw signs

WOW - 3M and Nissan, what a combo. Wait until the client has to deal with Nissan customer service and/or warranty claims... it'll make dealing with 3M seem like a walk in the park...

MichaelAlmand

BOYCOTT..... I will switch it is hard enough to bid on jobs to actually make a profit on nevermind having the manufacture sqaush you.

Msrae

Rae
Wow, sorry to hear all this Colorado. Also good to know that they are doing this.

I will do everything I can to sway any customer to the Oracal. I like their product, learned with their vinyl, and I plan to keep them as my major supplier.

Thanks and good luck.

skyhigh

I feel your frustration Colorado. Definitely a bunch of BS what 3m is doing.

Curious as to your plans..... Are you going to apply to be on their LIST now, or forever say "screw you" to 3m?
Also curious as to how many of our members are currently on the LIST, and how its working out for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.