• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal 54 laminator has no power this morning

gabagoo

My Seal 54 laminator won't turn on this morning..I have checked the electrical and all is good. I have a package with replacement fuses, but heck if I can find where they hide them on the main board. Anyone ever experience this?

gabagoo

Check the emergency stop button.
Did that, checked if there was any power going to the unit and there is. I found the fuses but can't tell if they are blown as they have that white covering as to being clear. I will replace both and keep my fingers crossed

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
I found the fuses but can't tell if they are blown as they have that white covering as to being clear
I'm guessing you're back up and running? Just some advice for you and everyone else who doesn't already - get a voltmeter and learn how to use it. One five minute YouTube video should tell you all you need to know. It's dead simple to check fuses (sure you can replace them, but if you don't have replacements handy it lets you know if a trip to the hardware store is the solution) and check voltage at different points to try to troubleshoot what's going on.

You rarely need it but when you do it comes in really handy. Anyone using electric machines to make a living should have one.

gabagoo

I'm guessing you're back up and running? Just some advice for you and everyone else who doesn't already - get a voltmeter and learn how to use it. One five minute YouTube video should tell you all you need to know. It's dead simple to check fuses (sure you can replace them, but if you don't have replacements handy it lets you know if a trip to the hardware store is the solution) and check voltage at different points to try to troubleshoot what's going on.

You rarely need it but when you do it comes in really handy. Anyone using electric machines to make a living should have one.
I am up and running again... When I purchased the laminator it came with a bag of replacable fuses. I replaced all 3 and still nothing. There was another bag that had these 2 small brown cylindrical gizmos that looked like diodes or transistors and I had no clue what they were for, but apparently they are fuses too. replaced them and she is back up and running...Thanks Harold!!