• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SEAL 62 Base

gixxer2004

I am getting annoyed with my Seal bas2 62" laminator. It has a very sensitive safety optical eye sensor that is triggered when the vinyl buckles a small amount before feeding into the rollers. I know I read some post earlier about adjusting the eye and possibly removing or unhooking it which I am not interested in doing. I did notice that they sell an optional Image Guide bar that mine did not come with. My question is does anyone have experience using one with the image quide bar and does it help keep the vinyl flat so it does not trigger the safety trigger? I am willing to fork out the $175 for the bar if it helps with the issue. I can't get any info from the company because they want me to open up a tech support ticket. I am not getting wrinkles, bubbles or slivers in the laminate....just have to stop and reset the trigger every time it is activated.

Thanks-

Last edited:

Asuma01

Our bar came included with the 62 base. It works great. Pretty shitty they didnt include it for you. As if the laminator isnt expensive enough.

gixxer2004

Our bar came included with the 62 base. It works great. Pretty shitty they didnt include it for you. As if the laminator isnt expensive enough.
Yeah it is shitty considering that is a $175-$250 add on option depending on where you buy it. Does the optical eye laser shoot through the center of the guide? Does the guide attach to the laminator through those pins?

Asuma01

Exactly right. The laser shines through the guide preventing the media from triggering the emergency stop. The guide clicks into the white plastic wedges on both sides.
Like I said it works great and there aren't any issues using it.

gixxer2004

For anyone looking for Seal parts. I submitted a part request on gbc.com for image guide bar and they emailed a response quote back within a hour. The image guide cost $124+ shipping and was shipped the same day. I found the image guide listed on other website for $175-$250. Lesson for the day...purchase your parts directly through gbc.com because they are alot cheaper and faster service. She also send me a detailed parts list with all of the parts numbers.