• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seal Base 62

adamfilip

I recently acquired a New Seal Base 62 with the roll to roll option.
its been about 6 years since i used a laminator.. last time was a GBC Titan with Hot films.. not its cold film.. had no training on this new unit and its been quite the learning curve.

Today i laminated about 60' of vinyl in one shot.. roll to roll.. it got weird a few times with the print buckling before entering the nip but it never wrinkled to my surprise and fed straight.. i tried laminating some banner material but it had a light texture to it and i was using a textured laminate i ended up getting some bubbles and and it didnt seem to enough pressure even tho i ran at 80%

been trying to run with kraft paper. but i would prefer not too.. having trouble webbing it up efficiently sofar..

adamfilip

anyone know how to mount on a laminator and have it bleed off the sides without getting stuck in the rollers. on a substrate that is already the final size

SeaWriter

As you are in the within the GTA, I suggest contacting Brian Gibson at Seal for a training session. Brian really knows his stuff and can answer all your questions, absolutely worth the cost to be shown by an absolute expert.

fmg

As you are in the within the GTA, I suggest contacting Brian Gibson at Seal for a training session. Brian really knows his stuff and can answer all your questions, absolutely worth the cost to be shown by an absolute expert.

I second that.Brian is a very knowledgeable guy when it comes to the Seal Laminators.

adamfilip

I have talked to Brian before. unfortunately I dont have the funds or time available to allocate a day for training..

johnnysigns

I'm sure the logic is if you're willing to throw money away screwing up prints during laminating then you could surely afford to pay outright to learn how to use the machine properly and keep spoilage to a minimum.

adamfilip

so far we have had good luck with the machine. I think training would be valuable. but I find trial and error seems to work better in many cases. why cant Seal just provide a series of online tutorials. or atleast a manual that is actually informative.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
now why is that..
we are too busy to spend the whole day training.
works needs to get done.

Yeah, right.
While you think you need to get stuff finished half-assed, you'd rather give your customer's work..... not finished correctly..... rather than go find out how to do it correctly for a nominal fee, which you said you can't afford.

Yeah, I can see how important it is to you to have a good reputation. :U Rock:

kkamauu

just tape your print to a substrate like sintra or another board and laminate to it. then you can trim it and pull it off.

thats what we do...