• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Second Locked DX5 with First Locked Decoder

megustabigsigns

I recently purchased a secondhand UV flatbed printer from China (BrotherJet BR-U7880) and am currently experiencing some issues with it. The printhead moves side to side, but does not fire ink. I cleaned the printhead, but it didn't fix the issue. I did some research and concluded the printhead I have is a perhaps a second-time locked Epson DX5, and the decoder board is first-time locked. Does anyone know if this is expected behavior for this pairing of printhead and decoder. I want to be sure all the other parts of the printer are functional, and it's only these 2 components that need replacing. I've attached pictures of the printhead circuit board and decoder board. Also if I'm incorrect in my conclusion about this printhead being second-time locked, please let me know!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_110343.jpg
    IMG_20220810_110343.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 296
  • IMG_20220810_110228.jpg
    IMG_20220810_110228.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 91

netsol

i have seen some very involved. threads on this topic on some ofvthe phographic sites, possiby linked off of inkjetmall (photographic ink supplier)