• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Seeking recommendations for extra-long straight standoffs or extra deep edge-grip standoffs

FlorenceC

Coffee first. Your problems later.
Good Morning Folks.
We have a client who wants to sandwich a piece of sentimentally important glass between two additional pieces of 6mm clear acrylic, then mount it to a wall. I'm not 100% sold on this design, but be that as it may, am still tasked to come up with supplies for this idea.

I'm having some trouble finding appropriate hardware which would handle this - be it straight standoffs or deep edge-grip standoffs. Would you please give me some recommendations for which companies to check out? Bonus points if Canadian.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT to add: The sandwiched piece of glass has a metal frame and comes to 0.5" in thickness altogether.

MikePro

for me its gyford standoffs > mbs-standoffs > displays2go in terms of preference/quality/price.
you can get dirt-cheap if you're clever with amazon searches, but I can confirm that cheapcheap options turn out to be hollow-crap with a nice finish.

whichever way you go about it, i'd recommend some o-rings between the layers so you're not pinching the glass directly with the mechanical hardware.

*edited to include my biased/well-experienced rankings. your local sign supplier will likely provide options from the same/similiar sources.

Last edited:

JBurton

Signtologist
I like MBS standoffs, they make a version that has separate caps/threaded studs/standoffs that I would use for this. That way you just have to buy the extra long threaded stud and the cap just goes on top.