• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

seperating an image

fisheye48

ive used flexi for a while now but just got into using it with my new printer...mainly used it with just cutting vinyl...now im printing alot more stuff but the problem i have come into is with an image that a customer sends me that is the image but has a backround to it...is there a way in flexi to seperate the backround so i can contour cut it without cutting the square backround that it has in it?

something like this

mahi_540.jpg

Service Sign Co

It's pretty east to do in photoshop or paint, I'm not sure how to do it in Flexi. Probably have to print your separations on a Edge positive material. I see what you mean. Draw a path around the fish with the bezier tool

Last edited:

tooserious

Simple

As long as the quality of the bitmap is good. Go to the bitmap toolbar and press the magic wand key and click on the part of the bitmap (background you dont want) White leave the tolerence on 0 then go to bitmap in the commands and click on make bitmap transparent then click the check in design central........now comtour cut outline etc!!!!!

fisheye48

As long as the quality of the bitmap is good. Go to the bitmap toolbar and press the magic wand key and click on the part of the bitmap (background you dont want) White leave the tolerence on 0 then go to bitmap in the commands and click on make bitmap transparent then click the check in design central........now comtour cut outline etc!!!!!

THANKS!!! worked great:U Rock: