• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sergio no longer with AZ Color?

ProWraps

im sure posting this will get me flack as usual, but well, sean rhodes from what i have seen has made a great successful living, and a respectable position for himself.

i guess the student has become the master.

sean i respect your feelings for sergio, but at some point, you need to take a look around and realize what you have accomplished.

i hope what i said is a compliment, not a negative. but i had to say it. from a company that went through your training, and has seen what you have done, i respect where you are at.

please stick around. please give your insight to this community. you seem to have taken the best traits of your mentor and we welcome your insight to our community.

welcome.

andy

What does he do?

Why is he so great?

What earth shattering innovation did he pioneer to justify sitting at the pinnacle of the US wrapping industry.

I've absolutely no idea what this bloke does.... apart from appearing in "low rider, bad ass adverts" of his own creation.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What does he do?

Apparently he puts vinyl on things.

Why is he so great?

What earth shattering innovation did he pioneer to justify sitting at the pinnacle of the US wrapping industry.

I've absolutely no idea what this bloke does.... apart from appearing in "low rider, bad ass adverts" of his own creation.

I fail to comprehend the mindless adoration being dealt to someone who's only claim to fame is that he puts vinyl on things. He's not healing the sick, raising the dead, or turning water into wine. It doesn't matter a whit how much skill and grace is on display, it's remains just putting vinyl on things.

In my never humble opinion, the number of things that have vinyl put on them, by this fellow or anyone else, that I find actually pleasing to the eye can be counted on my thumbs. The vast majority of this work gives every appearance of looking out from the interior of a grand mal seizure occuring inside a goat's stomach. Moreover being a master of this technique seems very much like being the world's largest midget.

Perhaps the point is is that which was observed by the inimitable Samuel Johnson: "It's not that it does it well, it's that it does it at all."

Gino

Premium Subscriber
bob, that has got to be about the funniest thing I've ever read here......................

I pictured everyone of those descriptions and it still seemed almost real.

:clapping: :ROFLMAO: :clapping: :ROFLMAO: :clapping: :ROFLMAO: :clapping: :ROFLMAO: :clapping: :ROFLMAO: :clapping:

kev3232

sergio, a master??
look very closely at some of the wraps done at fellers and posted in some of the older catalogues. the bimmer with the "gucci" wrap, the pattern on the front bumper is crooked as hell.
the escalade with the "gucci" wrap, look how wavy the pattern is on the driver side.
maybe sergio didn't install those, but regardless of who did, the work is pretty sub-par.

and don't get me started about their so called "certification" process.

Bly

I heard he's up for a Sainthood.. he just needs to perform one more miraculous install..

jasonx

I have a question. If you employed someone like Sergio wouldn't you have a clause in your agreement to stipulate a non compete so he couldn't setup shop or work for someone else within a certain radius?

I thought this was common practice to many employment contracts. Maybe it's different in the states.

Letterbox Mike

I heard he's up for a Sainthood.. he just needs to perform one more miraculous install..

hehe, good one, that's funny on a couple levels...

JasonX, If I were to hire Sergio I'd have a bulletproof non-compete agreement for him to sign, given his reputation. I'm quite surprised one wasn't put in place in this situation. I'd never hire someone without a non-compete, especially at the level we're talking here.

Frankly, with the employment history of this person, any employer that does not enforce a non-compete is asking for him to set up shop next door, as seems to be the case with Arizona Color, regardless of whether he was fired or he quit.