• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting Grid Tool details in Illustrator

tdgraphics

I have been able to create a grid in Illustrator using the grid tool. However I want to be able to change the attributes of it from 5 x 5 to 10 x 12. Where can I locate the attributes that are used to create or alter the grid pattern?

Thanks,

Neil

iSign

from CS help menu:

To draw a rectangular grid by specifying properties:

Select the Rectangular Grid tool .
Click in the artboard to set the grid's reference point and display the Rectangular Grid Tool Options dialog box.
Set any of the following options in the dialog box, and click OK:
Click a square on the reference point locator () to determine the point from which the grid is drawn.
Width to specify the width of the entire grid.
Height to specify the height of the entire grid.
Number (Horizontal Dividers) to specify the number of horizontal dividers you want to appear between the top and bottom of the grid. Then enter a Skew value to determine how the horizontal dividers are weighted to the left or right side.
Number (Vertical Dividers) to specify the number of dividers you want to appear between the left and right sides of the grid. Then enter a Skew value to determine how the vertical dividers are weighted toward the top or bottom of the grid.
Use Outside Rectangle As Frame to replace the top, bottom, left, and right segments with a separate rectangular object.
Fill Grid to fill the grid with the current fill color (otherwise, the fill is set to none).