• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sheep Signs for 4H

54warrior

A friend of mine's children raise lambs as part of their local 4H club. They show them at the county fair each year, and wanted some signs to display near the pens at the fair barn. Here is what I came up with. What do you all think? They've already been printed 18"x24" on coroplast and they were extremely happy with them.

All vector in CorelDraw X3.

Attachments

• Devon (Medium).jpg
    Devon (Medium).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 118
  • KKShowLambs (Medium).jpg
    KKShowLambs (Medium).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Kristen (Medium).jpg
    Kristen (Medium).jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 81

TheSnowman

Not sure if sheep are anything like goats, but dude...there were like 20 different categories for winners this year, and each one had to have one specific goat on the sign. I was losing my mind making those this year.

54warrior

Not sure if sheep are anything like goats, but dude...there were like 20 different categories for winners this year, and each one had to have one specific goat on the sign. I was losing my mind making those this year.

I have no idea, but I'm sure there probably are different classes. She said 'hey can you make me a sign with my kids name and their sheeps names on it' LOL

Jillbeans

While they are 1000% better than most of the hand made puffy paint and marker signs I see at the Butler Farm Show, they are all kind of hard to read and break a couple design rules
(middle one needs more negative space, I never use more than one script per layout, and I try not to arch script)
But again, miles ahead of most 4H type signs.
:)
I like the first one the best.
Love....Jill

54warrior

While they are 1000% better than most of the hand made puffy paint and marker signs I see at the Butler Farm Show, they are all kind of hard to read and break a couple design rules
(middle one needs more negative space, I never use more than one script per layout, and I try not to arch script)
But again, miles ahead of most 4H type signs.
I like the first one the best.
Love....Jill

Thanks for your critique Jill. These will be used at Armstrong County Fair, in my hometown of Dayton, PA. Have you ever been there?

The first one (green one) was the first one I did, they liked it so much they asked me then to do the other two. I had several other 'better' (IMO) versions of the middle one, but they liked the one shown so thats what we went with.

Thanks again for your critique. I learn a little more with every project that I work on.

Jillbeans

I have never been to that fair, but if you're from Dayton I bet you put a "t" on the end of "Behind".
Like I said, you should see some of the things people hang up here in Butler County.

Marco

mama mia?!?

Im lost here. Sheep? I like the green one, but not sure wth it relates to. :doh::banghead:

54warrior

Im lost here. Sheep? I like the green one, but not sure wth it relates to. :doh::banghead:

Out here, the country folk have their kids raise lambs, which they groom/walk/show at local county fairs and are judged. The animals in question are housed at the fair during the week, and the kids put up signs to represent themselves and the names of their sheeps, for the spectators who walk through all of the barns. (there are steers, pigs, horses, goats, chickens, and other farm animals that are raised/judged just the same) This lady has a son with three sheep: Lulu, Jessie & Andy. Her daughters are: Allie, Belle, Chanel, and Merle.

Hope that clears things up.

k.a.s.

They all look pretty good, but I agree with Jill arched script is a no-no. I really like the one on the right.

On a side note I have been to the Dayton PA fair several times and usally make it to Jill's Butler farm show every year. Both very nice fairs. I hope to be at the BFS next Tuesday, if we have the tractor put together.

kevin