Just In Sheet Yield Nesting/Imposition Calculator

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Hi Guys,

Set this up today for you to use freely. It's a sheet yield nesting/imposition calculator for rectangles (or squares). It will tell you have many of a smaller sized rectangle will fit in a larger one.

Not that hard to run through the possible scenarios with a notepad and a calculator, but this will save you some time.

Create a shortcut link on your phone's desktop for quick access!

sheet-yeild-nesting-imposition-calculator.gif

https://www.firesprint.com/sheet-yield-calculator.html

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I prefer width and height. a 4 x 8 sheet of coro would be 4'h x 8'w (landscape) or 4'w x 8'h (portrait) Have to make it dummy proof. is 3/4/200 March 4, 200 or April 3, 2000? That's why the military writes it as "3 Mar 2000" no confusion, no margin for error

Just me I guess

FireSprint.com

I prefer width and height. a 4 x 8 sheet of coro would be 4'h x 8'w (landscape) or 4'w x 8'h (portrait) Have to make it dummy proof. is 3/4/200 March 4, 200 or April 3, 2000? That's why the military writes it as "3 Mar 2000" no confusion, no margin for error

Just me I guess

You're just referring to the labels? So you would make it Width & Height instead of Width & Length?

GB2

The standard should be Width (horizontal left to right) x Height (vertical top to bottom). The horizontal measurement should come first followed by the vertical measurement.

FireSprint.com

So when buying plastics, the second number indicates the length of the grain from the manufacturer.

Also, what do you call the dimensions of a roll? Generally we say length. Working on a roll length calc as well, so this can borrow the formulas.

All that being said, y'all are right. I have made the correction. Thanks for the input. Hope you find this tool handy. What other calculators do you think could be useful?

FireSprint.com

What other calcs could be helpful? Would love to build more!

A few ideas I have:
- Roll Length Calc (based on quantity of a print)
- Shop hourly rate calculator
- Sign equipment loan calculator with ROI
- Pantone to CMYK/HEX/RGB conversion

ikarasu

Cmyk to pantone would be handy. Illustrator is a bit finicky with that.

For the above...adding custom spacing would be nice. IE. .25" spacing for a router bit, or 1/16 for a saw blade, etc.

graphicsottawa

a.k.a. Phaedra
I'm on the Width and Height bandwagon as well. Whenever I'm setting up a spreadsheet I do it in that order because that's the way it's set up in Illustrator. Less translation of terminology ==> Less stupid human involvment ==> Less chance for error.

FireSprint.com

I'm on the Width and Height bandwagon as well. Whenever I'm setting up a spreadsheet I do it in that order because that's the way it's set up in Illustrator. Less translation of terminology ==> Less stupid human involvment ==> Less chance for error.
This is done, go check it out!